Model Cars Magazine Forum

Baby Girl's Model A,My Daughters W.I.P.

Badluck 13

Baby Girl n I was blessed to have a friend we met from another forum(who turned us on to this forum ;)) He sent her some kits to build which she finally has gotten the time and out of the box of kits,this is the one that really jumped out at her.

She originally wanted to paint it yellow but last night she had her mind set on purple and black and today she did her first ever spray paint with NO help from dad other than telling her what to do and hold the project while she sprayed....tell ya what,I was quite impressed by her first ever paint work......"Here's to you Uncle Gator" in her words.......

048-4.jpg

036-4.jpg

042-4.jpg

The painting begins......

041-3.jpg

040-3.jpg

Decided to paint dads hand first :D

More pics....

039-3.jpg

038-2.jpg

037-4.jpg

035-5.jpg

034-4.jpg

046-4.jpg

Paint By Bev,finished

044-3.jpg

Dads hand "Paint By Bev" ;D

Great! I like when parents teach their son/daughter the hobby! Agree about the gloves, teach her also to use them, the paint is not good for the skin... Keep with the good work! Great choice on the color too, one of my favorite. :)

Wow this is something inspiring and priceless. You both are sharing unforgettable moments. Keep on doing this as often as you can because these are the memories you both are gonna keep forever. I also agree on the use of a mask and gloves. Give the little model builder the best of our wishes and congratulations :)

Baby girl say's "Thank You",and I say thank you also,normally I do wear the disposable gloves but I was out that is why I was holding it for her...w did the painting outside but sill a great idea on the mask and will be done...thanks.........

That is just great. I remember very well the few models I built with my daughter when she was around 10 years old. She will be starting her last year of law school soon but I still have all of her builds in a cabinet in the garage, I will admit to looking at them once in awhile. Enjoy this time with your daughter my friend, they grow up way too quickly.

She is doing wonderful. I have very fond memories sitting at the workbench with my dad. This is something that I'm wanting to do with my daughter. She is a little too young right now but in a year or two she will have a spot with me at the workbench.

Looks Good! Very nice to see that Modeling skills are moving for the next generation too. B)

I've been teaching my little sister how to build models, and she has one '60 Impala on the bench too...