Model Cars Magazine Forum

Morgan Automotive Detail

I bought this kit at NNL East this year. I got it because my wife was driving a '74 Mustang II Notchback when I met her. Important to note that this resin piece is for a 75 and up Mustang II. The '74 had a unique one year hood and grill. Apparently the V8 wasn't offered in '74 and those parts needed to be modified to fit a V8 in it for '75. So I have some converting to do. The notchback also had two different side windows. See the difference between Joe's photo of the resin body (regular car) and Ron's photo of a Ghia. I need to convert to the Ghia side window as well.

The only issue I saw on this resin body was the rear trim panel below the hood (with the FORD lettering) should be flat and it's kinda wavy. This wasn't MADs issue, because it's that way on the kit body.

• 3 months later...

Has anyone else here on mcm made purchase from Mad? I just received the 79 fox mustang notchback kit its rather good quality I have my eye on their t-56. 6 speeds manual tranny and their msd 6al ignition boxes next..... I just need to figure out how to carefully update the 79 front end with revells turbo cobra. 79 pace front or 82 gt look maybe a cowel hood as they did put 5.8 emblems on the decal sheet!

IMG_2198-vi.jpg

I have their Mustang II coupe and it is pretty nice. I bought it to create the car my wife was driving when I met her. Note that the coupe actually was sold with two different quarter window treatments, both showing on the box. My wife's car resembled the red car, while the resin body has the longer window. Easy work to fix that and add a vinyl roof. Our car was a 1974 and I found out that the nose was different on that year from the 75-78s since the first year car only came with a 4 or 6. The hood line, grill and such all changed to accommodate the V8 in 1975. I do have the '74 kit so I'll just add the nose onto the resin body. No problem at all with the MAD product. I'd buy more. And he will be at NNL East in two weeks.

• 2 weeks later...

Is Art going to sell 6 slot Model AA or TT 1928-1929 wheels? I have been searching for some for some time. Have a couple of 1929 trucks to build.

Say what???????

Yes .. Say whattttt ??????????? Art will not get into Resin casting again . I am not speaking for him . I am Quoting his words he spoke to me . I would like sets of these and other '30's - '40's - '50's - '60's HD light truch wheel/tires . As in my wire wheel / balloon tires .. wish in one hand .. deificate in the other and see which one fills up first . The winner is your wish granted . Thanx ..

• 1 month later...

Sort of reviving an old thread, but I believe this belongs here. I recently ordered some parts from M.A.D. and recieved them yesterday. The shipping was SUPER quick with the tracking number supplied, all communication was quick and direct, payment was easy and the parts that I ordered (electric fans, MSD/Accel Super Coil set, pro stock auto shifters, C-6 trans, Holley dominator carbs and distrubutors) are of outstanding quality. Every part had minimal flash, and was registered very sharply, The MSD and coils even came with decals! Very highly recommended! Now I understand why so many guys on here use the M.A.D. pre wired distributors.

• 3 years later...

IMG_2198-vi.jpg

Is there any chance that this will be available again someday? I finally got a hold of the MPC '77 Mustang II. Probably should have ordered one of the conversions before, but I figured I'd wait until I had the original kit in hand.

Yes, it will. Got a few other things going on right now. This one will be retooled though. Hopefully by the end of the summer. Thank you for the interest in it.

All kinds of awesome sir! I will be waiting, and while I'm waiting I will work on trying to master doing white finishes! Mine was white, so that's what this one will be.