Model Cars Magazine Forum

Austin gasser

zaina

the weather has been too cold to paint anything so i started to clean up a couple kits and get them ready to paint...while the new little guy sleeps. this kit demands a little patience and is a little fiddley. the engine is very unrealistic so i cut everything off the front and am going to use a water pump assembley from a hemi...not exact but better than it was. the intake also sucks so i cut the injectors off and moved them out and added some groves to the middle. i also didnt like the headers so i made some new ones form solder. the radiator had an ejector mark in the middle of it so i cut some screen to put over it. i also thought the front end needed something so i cut it a little and added an electric razor screen. tires and rear wheels are from amt and front wheels are from the 41 willys kit. i also added to the roll cage to provide a mounting point for the racing harnesses. here is a little mockup
003-22.jpg004-23.jpg006-19.jpg008-16.jpg

Hi very nice work so far looking forward to seeing more pics of your build. Building one myself at the moment but the front chassis was twisted so i have grafted the 40 willys pro street front end on it with a 340 small block mopar and in the process of building the rear end with tubs and 4 link. Like what you have done with the grill gives me lots of ideas. Heres a couple of pics of my progress. Cheers

models080_zps6cc58666.jpgmodels078_zps627bc99e.jpgmodels077_zps6655a496.jpg