Model Cars Magazine Forum

Thanks for getting into this kit - I've always wondered if it was based on an actual boat; looks like it will need some big changes to represent the real thing (and I'll probably do the wood with paint on the deck and paint the hull white anyway).

About the engine: Is that a Chrysler flathead 6, and if so could the 1941 Plymouth engine be used for more detail?

That already looks like a cool kit but you just take em' to another level. Love how your doing all that wood work. Any chance we can get a photo of all the boats? Or if there are other build pages just point me in the right direction. Awesome build, can't wait to see it on the trailer behind the car.

Thanks for getting into this kit - I've always wondered if it was based on an actual boat; looks like it will need some big changes to represent the real thing (and I'll probably do the wood with paint on the deck and paint the hull white anyway).

About the engine: Is that a Chrysler flathead 6, and if so could the 1941 Plymouth engine be used for more detail?

The engine is a Cris Craft 6 cyl. it's in the box. Even with orginalengine it's VERY tight in the motorcompartment.

Torgny

This is the first boat , in mahoganyveneer and two Cadillac engines. The trailer with real wood inlays and the car built from a resinbody. I cut out the sides and replace it with mahoganywood. Some pictures of how it's made ............

hemihydro028.jpg

hemihydro026.jpg

hemihydro022.jpg

hemihydro023.jpg

bilbt013.jpg

btbil002-2.jpg

btbil004-2.jpg

modeller003-1.jpg

modeller016-1.jpg

Torgny/ Sweden

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Well Friends ,had to do the last bulidingtime without photos ,i had a deadline for a contest. This is the result of the Cris Craft Project.

fo006_zpsf76db69c.jpg

fo007_zps23661fdf.jpg

fo008_zpsc2b53716.jpg

fo009_zpsf3f511c2.jpg

fo012_zpseeda23e7.jpg

fo010_zps24a06481.jpg

fo011_zps2423142d.jpg

t004_zpsf4878028.jpg

t003_zps4d3c6b32.jpg

Hope to be back with more projects soon / Torgny

Edited by nts

This is the first boat , in mahoganyveneer and two Cadillac engines. The trailer with real wood inlays and the car built from a resinbody. I cut out the sides and replace it with mahoganywood. Some pictures of how it's made ............

hemihydro028.jpg

hemihydro026.jpg

hemihydro022.jpg

hemihydro023.jpg

bilbt013.jpg

btbil002-2.jpg

btbil004-2.jpg

modeller003-1.jpg

modeller016-1.jpg

Torgny/ Sweden

Awesome work on that boat. The hull in the Hemi Hydro kit scales out to about 1/20th scale along with the trailer.