Model Cars Magazine Forum

2010 Jada Concept Camaro

ScrappyJ

This is my Concept Camaro I finished in November. Some of you guys might have seen it from Gregg's pics. of the NNL South, so pardon the redundancy. After wishing for a new camera for the last 4 years, I finally go the Canon 50D under the Christmas tree. So, I was able to get some pictures taken on Sunday. Hope you guys enjoy:

DPP_0001-vi.jpg

DPP_0004-vi.jpg

DPP_0006-vi.jpg

DPP_0008-vi.jpg

DPP_0012-vi.jpg

Edited by ScrappyJ

Guest Sickfish

Dirk, i don't think it would matter what kind of camera you used, even if it was a cheap $20 throw away, it would NOT stop this Camaro from being absolutely FREEKIN' AWSOME!!!! wink.gifbiggrin.gif

cheer's Cliffo!

Thanks for the kind words, Gents! I have a problem with the hood not wanting to sit right. I thought I compensated well enough for the paint, but apparently not and the front corner (particularly on the driver's side), sticks up a little.

I can't say enough, how much I like the Jada kit. I have both the AMT and the Jada and it's not that I don't like the AMT, but the Jada does look more "sinister" as you guys have said.

Again, thanks for the kind words and I'm glad you guys like it.

Later!

Great shots w/the new camera! B)

But I will say...pictures don't do this model justice. It has to be seen in person to really appreciate. Are you going to B'ham next month?

Thanks, Bob! I'm still working the f-stop and shutter speed to get the proper exposure. I tried taking it with natural light, but you can see the window from my bedroom in the reflection. I will try taking some pics with the flash (at night) and bounce the light off of a reflective board (I use a big piece of styrofoam).

Not sure I will make B'ham/Anniston (yet again). Morton just got a new pilot gig and will be heading to training on Friday, so I don't have my road-trip buddy. I do hope to go and hope to see you guys there (can't wait to see your Maro...that thing is looking bad a$$).

Later!

Edited by ScrappyJ

Incredible work! Where did you get the intake trumpets? Do you happen to have 8 extra ones?

Unfortunately, Lee, I don't have an extra eight. I got those from R B Motion in one of his Ebay auctions. There were twelve of them and they are made for a 1/20 car (ferrari I believe). He now has a website, but that is not one of his shelf products, so don't know if he even has anymore.

Thanks for the kind words!

Thanks, Bob! I'm still working the f-stop and shutter speed to get the proper exposure. I tried taking it with natural light, but you can see the window from my bedroom in the reflection. I will try taking some pics with the flash (at night) and bounce the light off of a reflective board (I use a big piece of styrofoam).

Not sure I will make B'ham/Anniston (yet again). Morton just got a new pilot gig and will be heading to training on Friday, so I don't have my road-trip buddy. I do hope to go and hope to see you guys there (can't wait to see your Maro...that thing is looking bad a$).

Later!

You need a ton of light for the best f-stops (f22 and up), but even at lower f-stops the more light you have, the better. I use a series of drafting lamps, and let the camera adjust for lighting color (setting white balance from my white backdrop). I use foamcore & black illustration board at the sides for reflected light, all the better to see nice reflections in the side. My camera flash isn't great...too direct, but it's a point & shoot, not a digital SLR.

Hope you can make it to B'ham, there will be a lot of ACME folks there (we have a group of 4 vendor tables), and good news (I hope) for Morton.

I have stayed away from the Jada models because I think they are too "toy-like". Having said that I have to admit that this is not your average Jada kit build. You took this way beyond that. The paint, stance and opening features along with the extra details make this a real standout...this is a beautifully executed build up. Great job.