Model Cars Magazine Forum

Gregg's Builds

Gregg

Since all the nay-sayers out there have called me out, I figured with this freezing weather we're having here (it got down to 70 last night!!!), I would see if I could get some building done.

I will use this thread to post all the current builds of the new kits that came in over the past month as well.

post-3-0-85508900-1324690294_thumb.jpg

Since all the nay-sayers out there have called me out, I figured with this freezing weather we're having here (it got down to 70 last night!!!), I would see if I could get some building done.

I will use this thread to post all the current builds of the new kits that came in over the past month as well.

If it gets any colder at night Gregg, you may have to "fire up" the furnace.

I think I am going with this set up for the grille and bumpers.

The headlights are from Bob Dudek.

I think I am happy with the two-tone. It's Testers' Root Beer on the bottom, Tamiya Metallic Black on the top.

Will try and do a very thin pinstripe in a contrasting color, or maybe chrome between the two colors.

post-3-0-85324900-1324717878_thumb.jpg

<p>

Where's my footsie PJ's?

Edited by FASTBACK340

In the situation of the pickup with the yellow pinstripe, I assume is is painted and not tape. If so, what is the process? Is the strip painted last by masking everything else? Or, is the yellow painted first and then masked before painting the other colors? Just curious--67 years old and still learning!! Merry Christmas to all!!

I think I am going with this set up for the grille and bumpers.

The headlights are from Bob Dudek.

I think I am happy with the two-tone. It's Testers' Root Beer on the bottom, Tamiya Metallic Black on the top.

Will try and do a very thin pinstripe in a contrasting color, or maybe chrome between the two colors.

Hey Gregg, Maybe a subdued gold pinstripe as it would be nice with the rootbeer color. Then white wall tires with a thin gold stripe!

Edited by bigphoto

In the situation of the pickup with the yellow pinstripe, I assume is is painted and not tape. If so, what is the process? Is the strip painted last by masking everything else? Or, is the yellow painted first and then masked before painting the other colors? Just curious--67 years old and still learning!! Merry Christmas to all!!

I don't mean to hijack Gregg's thread. The yellow pinstripe is tape.....! I believe I did a little story about it some time ago, like a year or so.....

Thanks, Scott. I will try and find some of that decal paper in the gold, or red, or other contrasting color. I tried it once before, didn't have good luck I think.

I have some decals from other aftermarket kits that has some stripes, maybe that would work.

I tried to order the Line O Tape from their site, but I can't get through to the ordering final page. Has anyone else been able to?

http://www.lineotape.com/

Thanks, Scott. I will try and find some of that decal paper in the gold, or red, or other contrasting color. I tried it once before, didn't have good luck I think.

I have some decals from other aftermarket kits that has some stripes, maybe that would work.

I tried to order the Line O Tape from their site, but I can't get through to the ordering final page. Has anyone else been able to?

http://www.lineotape.com/

I tried too as I've been in need of some fine tape and had no luck .. same as you mention. Using latest Firefox ...