Model Cars Magazine Forum

Lint free cloth

Guest promodmerc

Guest promodmerc

What cloth do I need to look for that is lint free? I know hand towels & the like are not the answer :D

Edit:

Just realized I forgot to mention I'm wanting this to wipe down bodies before painting.

Edited by promodmerc

What cloth do I need to look for that is lint free? I know hand towels & the like are not the answer :D

The best thing I have found to use is an Anti-static Cleaning Cloth. I used these for years to wipe photo negatives before printing and have found they work well on models. You can purchase these online, or at any photo supply store (If any still exist).

Guest promodmerc
The best thing I have found to use is an Anti-static Cleaning Cloth. I used these for years to wipe photo negatives before printing and have found they work well on models. You can purchase these online, or at any photo supply store (If any still exist).

I forgot to mention I'm wanting this to wipe down bodies before painting.

I forgot to mention I'm wanting this to wipe down bodies before painting.

Yes, I assumed you were talking about car bodies. I use an Anti-static Cleaning Cloth. It works great since static-cling is notoriously one of our worst enemies when it comes to preparing a model for painting; especially during the winter months,

Yes, I assumed you were talking about car bodies. I use an Anti-static Cleaning Cloth. It works great since static-cling is notoriously one of our worst enemies when it comes to preparing a model for painting; especially during the winter months,

Wash your bodies off with soap and water , then rinse thoroughly with warm water . Do not dry them off with cloth. Jack your regulator up to the hundred psi. mark and blow them dry with filtered air . No lint , no dirt , no fuss , no muss ! Using cloth to dry your cars off is only inviting Murphy into the equation. Just a suggestion .

Donn Yost

Lone Wolf Custom Painting