Model Cars Magazine Forum

Community Supported - www.scalereference.com

Finding reference photos for your next modeling project can be fun, but can also be a nightmare.

There are thousands of photo websites out there to search through, and it can be a very daunting task to track down the photos of what you're looking for.

www.scalereference.com is a new answer to that problem.

It's a community site where you can upload your reference material, add comments, and search terms to any photo on the site. The more you add, the more you tag, and the more you share, the stronger the site will become.

I'll be adding my 4GB Dirt Racing collection to the archive, and I hope you will share yours.

I just tonight finished the basic framework, and will be adding more as time progresses.

Coming up next will be tutorials for adding your photos, how to add tags and search terms for existing photos, and lastly a forum for requesting more categories.

This site is community supported, and will always be free. I hope you'll take some time and lend your hand to grow the project.

Michael S. Crowley

Dirt Modeler

Edited by DirtModeler

Thanks, some of that is bound to happen every now and again.

The site is already growing as people are starting to share their photos and tag their findings.

I hope everyone will continue sharing their reference material and adding it to the site.

A strong Scale Reference community can mean the end of trudging through forums and google images to find reference material for your next modeling project.

My interest area is Dirt Racing, so i'll be heavily supporting that area. If we can find some other reference material junkies out there for other areas, the site will get huge.. fast!