Model Cars Magazine Forum

Some new Revell Re-Issues

Gregg

wait; is the KS Willys the one with opening doors or the new GoodGuys version? i have two VERY cherished SWC Willys that i want to restore/redo....

It's the newer '41 WIllys, not the original '41 Willys with opening doors. See the pics Gregg posted in post #1.

The easiest way to discern between the two Revell '41 Willys kit is to compare the grilles. If it has a horizontal, two-bar grille, it's the original kit. If it has the full grille with many vertical bar and slots, it's the newer kit. Sometimes, as in the "Happy Days" and some of the "Hot Rod" reissues, the grilles were omitted on the box art models, but the copyright date on the box and instructions can always be used to determine the kit's age, too.

This is all great info and feedback, - I say this. B/c. I never knew the orange crate had been re issued -I see them on e-bay sky. High I'll bet there's tons of leeches Out there selling new re issue kits as the "nib " sealed original kits! Now I won' t ever be had! Thanks all

X2! All they would have to do is give us the tail panel and rear bumper from the stock version. That's the very reason I use them for parts donors.

Well, that and the stock taillight lenses. :lol:;) Still, I also wonder why they stuck it with that dated tail treatment, which didn't even seem like a popular choice when the kit was new.

Hey, I got an AM Grand Sport kit, but mine's got a different hood scoop than the one I keep seeing. The scoop is more square with rectangular intakes, and plastic grills that go over the openings. Has anyone seen any pics of a real car with that scoop?

That got me interested and oddly, I could never find a shot of an original one with the scoops you describe, just a full-size replica and some diecasts.

Maybe it was the legendary "sixth" Grand Sport that was denied to exist, but was said to have been burnt to a molten rubble at GM's orders following the Nassau race (according to the GM employee who says he did the burning).

Here's the replica kit car (no other info given). Maybe AM used molds from a diecast or copied one of these.

Picture2-7.png

Edited by sjordan2