Model Cars Magazine Forum

She's coming together... 61 Dodge Phoenix Kruizer

Steve H.

Really cool Steve !! I have one of the resin ones to do up but I'm waiting on windows from Modelhaus.

I'll be glad if mine looks half as cool as yours.

Oh Puhleeze... I'll have to retire mine after you build one! :P

Things to watch out for... The window fit is loose, had to do glass trimming to get the window to snug up (And sractched the windshield!!!). It still doesn't meet up with the c pillars. I also have some wierd issue with the taillights mounting square, also... need to fiddle with that.

Modelhaus is excellent stuff, but all resin has issues...

Beautiful job Steve!

'61 Dodges seem to be coming into their own now................for a long time a lot of folks wouldn't consider one because of their looks but that seems to be changing now.

I agree with you about resin fit troubles...........I had some trouble with the glass on the '61 Cadillac I did. It appears as though the glass wasn't the problem, the roof was slightly warped around the windshield header..............some reheating under hot water fixed that. Your glass looks pretty good though!8)

Bad story about the HH resin... I had another 61 phoenix almost to completion and finally gave up. Too many problems in the resin kept surfacing... oil spots (unmixed/uncured resin?) soft spots and deforming in my warm paint booth... final straw was the window trim under the drip rail... The resin was full of bubbles, which I thought I'd filled, only to have them come back during BMF! I gently (!) packed it away and ordered a Modelhaus... Infinitely better casting!

I had a warped promo for glass, bumpers and steering wheel. The HH resin bumpers and sw were unusable.

Yes, I alcladded the promo bumpers.