Model Cars Magazine Forum

Show us your show winning cars and trucks

clavender17

I don't really enter contest..I build for display.

My club buddies twisted my arm at a local show.

My name was called..I was daydreaming..

they gave me the stink eye...LOL

First place movie car..

100_1014-vi.jpg

100_1015-vi.jpg

100_1013-vi.jpg

this old shop truck won at

local show too

DSCN0664-vi.jpg

DSCN0593-vi.jpg

DSCN0595-vi.jpg

Online H.A.M.B winner last year

DSCN2050-vi.jpg

DSCN2051-vi.jpg

Joker

Bus.jpg

Of all my awards, this Best of Show from a large IPMS show means the most to me. It's hard to win in a mostly military environment. Some of the military models in that show were incredible!

I can't help but always just stare in awe when ever I see this model. This is the style of bus that I rode on in high school and you can only imagine how sweet it looked to see over thirty of those rigs diagonally parked, each awaiting it's compliment of passengers. Those silver "noses" always impressed me and this is my favorite style of International.

The workmanship on this bus is incredible and it's no wonder that it took first place! You even have the "gas chamber green" interior and I see nothing that is out of place or lacking here. VERY, VERY nice!!!!!! It always puts a smile on my face when I see this one. Thank you for posting and congratulations on a build that screams "talent"!!!! AAAAA+++++ and then some!

This hood and old slide scan is all that's left of a '40 Ford Sedan I entered in a local hobby shop contest in 1962 when I was 16. It won the Custom class and only lost best in show because it was said to be "unroadable". whatever that meant. It did scale out to be only 48" high after the chop, channel and section on 13" wheels! The placing surprised me as the Candy Green paint was a disaster with dark blobs all over it.

40fordhood_DSC0343.jpg

40ford3a-1.jpg

40ford1b-1.jpg

The story is what was the winner of this contest. i beleieve it was a 2003 hobby outlook win it was youth autos 1st place i got a hobby town 20$ gift card from them. Story talked about how the truck got to be so destroyed. after the picture my then 1 year old brother knocked it off the table and it broke, i rebuilt it and never lost hope in building models. i was like 9 or 10 in the picture. my parents were so happy that when the issue came out they bought 10 copies for family and friends.

17532_103330789696859_4505665_n.jpg

Edited by Platerpants

Outside of model club meeting contests ( of which I am no longer a member, and haven't been for some time ) , I haven't entered a model contest in years.

This is the last one I built as a 'contest' model . With exception to a few builds shown on these forum boards no one sees my builds outside of my household.

This car was built using the 'then new' AMT Daytona kit. requiring a lot of work to get the nose to look right . With a chassis from the also then new AMT 1969 GTX kit.

AMT-Daytona1.JPG

AMT-Daytona3.JPG

Edited by gtx6970