Model Cars Magazine Forum

'71 Charger R/T 383-In color 11/24/06

Casey429

Another iron in the fire, just what I need. But, the weather we've been having hasn't helped either. The rain gives me a perfect excuse to build! So, I dug this out of the stash. This is my first time around building this kit, and from what I've seen an heard, it's pretty good. I'm building it in the stlye of a '72 Roadrunner my uncle had. The psuedo 383/727 (Uncle Ron's was a 340/4-Spd) is adorned with chrome valve covers (R/M '69 Super Bee), headers (modified from an unkown SBC), and a chrome aircleaner. It'll have a set of MRC Cragars shod with Firestone Wide Ovals. I'm hoping this will be a quick build, I'm shooting for under two weeks.

model113.jpg

The Charger is now wearing a suit of Duplicolo Cordova Brown, kinda close to '71 Dark Bronze Poly. Combined with the black R/T stripes, and a black and white interior, I think it will have a good 70's vibe.

model114.jpg

I've also decided to change the wheels. I went with some generic 5-spoke mags, painted up to look like American Racing TTO's.

model115.jpg

I'm still working on the chassis and interior, but it's coming along. So far, it's painted, but I need to modify the exhaust to fit the headers before I go and put it all together.

Thanks fer lookin'