Model Cars Magazine Forum

2014 IHOBBY Info

What? A 1/12 2015 Mustang? :o I have to get me one of those! The fact that it's full detail (compared to Revell's 1/12 'Stang) is just the icing on the cake!

I assume it will be a preassembled diecast, since it's presented as an Auto World product. Looks like it's going to be nice.

I assume it will be a preassembled diecast, since it's presented as an Auto World product. Looks like it's going to be nice.

Gotcha, just looked at their site and based on their 1:18 diecast prices, I wonder how much it will cost?

Edited by Jordan White

I wonder why there appears to be a '59 Cadillac body and a Chrysler Turbine car body sitting by the Moiebus kits..?

That's no '59 Cadillac. That's a a '59 Dodge. That and the Turbine next to it caught my eye too. Old JoHans molds? I can only hope. The Ford pickups and the Pontiac have been commented on by me in other threads. I am excited.

The new AMT 2015 announcements look great too. The Pirahna/UNCLE car. The construction Blazer. Red line tires pack. All high on my must have list.

But, what is with Moebius and the '59 Dodge and Turbine car?

Scott

Edited by unclescott58

That's no '59 Cadillac. That's a a '59 Dodge. That and the Turbine next to it caught my eye too. Old JoHans molds? I can only hope. The Ford pickups and the Pontiac have been commented on by me in other threads. I am excited.

Ah, yeah..that's a Dodge..was looking at it on my phone and the pic was tiny...curious.

Yes..Auto World has done some very neat subjects in 1/64th diecast recently...they did a '75 Coupe de Ville..

Yea I know, I got the '75 Caddy coupe. Still a late 60's Eldo will be cool too.

And Billy Joe, JoHan did do the '59 Dodge too. I'm sure both of those cars come from old JoHan tooling. But, who's doing it? Moebius?

Scott

8EAFC9F4-6D91-4400-A160-9FBC1F05D1AE_zps

Ummm, yes I would say that this is BIG news! (Regarding the two bodies on the left.). For a minute there I thought I was seeing things!

Anyone have the straight dope on what the story is with these? Don't see any tags in the display case regarding these. Almost looks like Moebius might have slipped them in there just to see who would notice? Only logical conclusion is that they've gotten a hold of some of the Johan tooling.

Think the last time the Turbine Car was available it was the promo version. Tough to tell from this pic, but it looks like the hood is molded shut and there are screw posts for mounting to the promo-style chassis. Much more surprised to see the 59 Dodge. I have a kit of one (unassembled promo) that was made in the late 90s, maybe early 2000s, but really didn't think this tool would ever see the light of day again.

Wonder if the plan is to do straight repops of the curbside style kits with the promo-style chassis plates? How cool would it be for Moebius to tool up a full detail chassis/engine/interior for that Dodge? Not really expecting that - just getting any Johan stuff back in production is enough for me!

Of course, the mind really starts racing wondering what additional Johan tools (if any) they might have laid their hands on. All sorts of myths/tall tales/legends mixed in with facts regarding what tooling got destroyed vs. what still exists, and where and with whom. It would be great if Moebius was able to purchase all of the known remaining tooling in some kind of package deal. Really hope to hear the story on these two bodies soon...

Edited by Robberbaron

Regarding the Round 2 announcements, really glad to see that Blazer available as a regular line kit again finally.

Very smart move on the '32 Vicky - this is a body style not offered by Revell yet in their modern tool line of deuces. Really been wondering why it hasn't been reissued sooner (this will probably also sell quite a few kits for Revell, since I see a lot of people bashing this one with one of the Revell kits).

Haven't seen the '37 Chevy in a long time, either. Always wanted to get one of these, but never had the opportunity. Anyone have first hand experience with the previous releases of this kit? I think the last version I've seen was an Ertl release from the early '80s, with a yellow car on the box art. I seem to recall hearing that it was a real pig, but I don't know if it was problems with the original design of the kit, or just that by the early 80s the tool had gotten so screwed up. It looks like they may be restoring this one to its original configuration as well, so if someone can confirm that the original release of this kit was good, I'll also add it to my future purchase list.

Kinda curious whether the '69 Cougar Eliminator is going to have the Boss 302 or the 428CJ engine.

Edited by Robberbaron

Expect more parts pack goodies next year!

Trying to think of what's still out there of their vintage parts packs that hasn't already been reissued recently. I have a couple of the Blueprinter Parts Packs that they reissued in, what, maybe early '90s? Each box had the 4 engines, but they also included the custom grille parts pack. Don't think that one's been reissued since...

Very curious about that '59 Dodge body sitting there! That's the only model that has the CORRECT '57-'59 two door hardtop roofline. I have a lone body that I was going to cut up to fix the '58 Plymouth...........but with them being somewhat rare (and pricey), I don't have the heart to do it.

There's another curiosity I see.........looks like a '57 T-Bird at the very bottom of the one pic. Diecast or plastic? Anyone know the scale? A full detail kit of the '57 'Bird is VERY much needed!

Hooray on the redline tire parts pack!! I hate having to raid kits just for the tires, and they are VERY nice. From what I can see, that '61 Pontiac is looking mighty nice..........really looking forward to that one!