Model Cars Magazine Forum

'55 Chrysler 300 Tim Flock Stock Car --Finished--

W-409

Nice build of a classic. I gotta get one of those kits. But does anyone else wonder why "Mercury" outboards would choose to sponsor a Chrysler and not a Mercury :huh: ?

The outboard company and the car company share nothing aside from the name of a Roman God.

Kiekhafer(sp) was rich, and could afford to buy the overwhemingly powerful Chryslers for his race team, so he did.

Hi Niko,

very clean progress. looks perfect in my view. I'm just working on the same and agree to your points about the kit. fits great, the Decals (i also like to use such great ones) are very easy to work with.

go on buddy, looks real good so far!

Thanks Everyone!

I need to check the Rear Window fit before clear coat, thanks for that tip, David.

And Dave, your help is always appreciated. I'm not an expert with these Stock Cars, even if they are really interesting. Great to have those experts that are willing to help on here too.

Dominik - The decals sure are excellent, as is the whole kit. But we need pictures from your build also, I'm sure it's going to be spectacular B) !

Now I'm waiting for the correct weather for Clear Coating. I will post more pictures when I get a chance to spray some clear over it.

Dominik - The decals sure are excellent, as is the whole kit. But we need pictures from your build also, I'm sure it's going to be spectacular B) !

Niko,

my goal is NOT as shiny as yours! To this point not the end of the weathering...

CIMG130803_011.jpg

...some more will come up here: "About weathering Decals"

I'm not sure, to make an extra progress-thread , because it is on the finish line (think so). That means, i must recall all steps to this point of the built. I will think about...

Oh Yeah I saw that topic about Weathering Decals. I really like how the car looks, that weathering has turned out excellent! I can't wait to see that finished. It's nice to see also something different being built from these kits.

That's great! Your WIP looks excellent. B)

Today the weather was fine, and when I woke up I knew that this day is perfect for clear coating. So I took my Pro Stock Cuda build and this Chrysler out and sprayed clear coat on both. Both turned out very nice, but I need to hope that there will be no surprises when the clear is dry. But at least now looks like I might survive with only a little polishing with this one. :D

DSCN6494.jpg
DSCN6492.jpg
DSCN6486.jpg
DSCN6482.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Thanx Guys.

This is Finished. I had no time to post pics of the final assembly, and I only remembered/Had time to take pics of polished body with the glasses installed. They fit very nicely, just Snap them on place and no glue is necessary. Though the rear window was harder to get right, but a little Super Glue made it fit good.

DSCN6630.jpg
DSCN6631.jpg
DSCN6634.jpg
DSCN6635.jpg

No problems were found in Final Assembly. Only the front bumber holes needed a bit drilling, but otherwise everything went very well together. I scratchbuilt those Headlight Covers with the information from Dave Van, to who I'd like to say Special Thanks for the help that he has given on this build. Thanks!

On to the pictures...

DSCN7008.jpg
DSCN7010.jpg
DSCN7011.jpg
DSCN7012.jpg
DSCN7013.jpg
DSCN7015.jpg
DSCN7019.jpg
DSCN7020.jpg
DSCN7021.jpg
DSCN7023.jpg

Thanks Fellas! It sure means alot coming from as talented builders as you are. I'm really happy how this turned out, too. I can't wait to pick the Street Car version of this kit. Oh, and next NASCAR build will be The Fabulous Hudson Hornet since Petty Torino is on hold because the body has warped front fenders...

Maybe some day I will fix that. :D

• 3 weeks later...