Model Cars Magazine Forum

What the new Charger could have been...

Harry P.

Harry, I just looked at your posting from 7/17. (I don't look at all of the headings all that often) We are thinking the exact same way. I have started to build almost this exact same car. I converted the 4 dr to a 2 dr. and was planning almost the same front end treatment (which is taken from the beautiful 68/69 design). My rear end design uses the 69 Charger style tail lights rather then the lights that Chrysler chose. Now I will have to move the build up on this one as I want to see it finished after seeing your great rendering of what Dodge should have done.

Harry, I just looked at your posting from 7/17. (I don't look at all of the headings all that often) We are thinking the exact same way. I have started to build almost this exact same car. I converted the 4 dr to a 2 dr. and was planning almost the same front end treatment (which is taken from the beautiful 68/69 design). My rear end design uses the 69 Charger style tail lights rather then the lights that Chrysler chose. Now I will have to move the build up on this one as I want to see it finished after seeing your great rendering of what Dodge should have done.

I'm looking forward to seeing the finished model!

• 2 months later...
  • 3 years later...

I dunno- I think you should've lost that Ram pickup grille (the WORST styling element on the new Chargers), and gone with something a bit more 1968-ish, or mabye a honeycomb pattern like on the new Challenger. I think such a treatment would look great as a full-width grille because, well, such treatments DO look good as full-width grilles! :D Other than that it works. B)

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

It''S wonderful Sir Thank you for showing this..biggrin.gif

A thought i have i think the Car is short enough to be a hardtop . Don't get me wrong i like what you did with the car.cool.gif

and if one did not roll the car the added support won't be needed. ohmy.gif

• 3 weeks later...

they will never be a charger for me!

all they really are if you think about it is an chrysler 300c rearend with an intrepid front end and charger badging slapped on with a rear wheel drive and a hemi with an "auto" matic basically thats all they consist of!

Yep... it's like you can actually see the resemblance of the Challenger, Mustang, and Camaro (I know it's debatable for this one, but I think it's a great tribute to the classic) with their respective classics. The Charger... like you said a rebadged 300C pretty much. Disappointing...