Model Cars Magazine Forum

Round 2 1969 Chevelle Convertible

Toner283

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Sooooooo! It is the end of November has anyone seen this kit in a LHS?

joe.

No, but we can probably continue reviewing a kit that isn't out yet . let's see if it can drag it out to 8 pages so when the kit does come out you have to spend two hours trying to find pics and actual info on the kit as released . good info here just not anything about the kit in question.

No, but we can probably continue reviewing a kit that isn't out yet . let's see if it can drag it out to 8 pages so when the kit does come out you have to spend two hours trying to find pics and actual info on the kit as released . good info here just not anything about the kit in question.

Well considering it's a Round 2 kit, there's nothing NEW about (other than the probably inclusion of the new Goodyear tires), otherwise it's just a reissue of the old '69 Chevelle Convertible kit from decades ago. Anyone who has one, or has had one knows what's in the kit and can speak with reasonable authority as to it's contents, and problems (like the need for aftermarket parts to replace/fix kit parts). It's not a new tool, like it's a surprise or something.

And hopefully they support the window frame with some removable plastic runner. I have two of the old kits, one with a broken frame, one with a bent frame.

I once compared the Chevelle Hardtop with the convertible and the El Camino annual (not the newer tool 68). It seems to me they all came out of the same mold. There are some funny parting lines on the El Caminos interior where they omitted the rear passenger compartment.

And hopefully they support the window frame with some removable plastic runner. I have two of the old kits, one with a broken frame, one with a bent frame.

I'm interested to see what changes and and/or additions Round2 has made to this kit. I don't expect the tail lights to be corrected, bit hopefully they did a little more than including in the Polyglas GT tires and creating new box art this time around.

I'm interested to see what changes and and/or additions Round2 has made to this kit. I don't expect the tail lights to be corrected, bit hopefully they did a little more than including in the Polyglas GT tires and creating new box art this time around.

I wouldn't expect more than that, there's nothing else being touted on the Round 2 site about it other than "FIRST TIME AVAILABLE IN DECADES", all of the other old reissues with new parts have been excitedly marketed with their back-dated parts (Ranchero) or restoration of long missing parts (Lorenzen Galaxie, Gremlin, etc).

• 2 weeks later...