Model Cars Magazine Forum

What do you wish was available in large scale kits?

By the way, how did the 1/16th Volkswagen sell for Revell? I've casually watched those for the past two years on eBay, and the prices can be outlandish!!!

I should have bought one when they were still cheap!!!!

Tought that large scale kits were doomed, until we got the wonderful NEW Revell 1/12th latest Mustang, great to see that their is still hope for big plastic car kits, no doubt that a vintage MuscleCar subject...Mopar(s) indeed! would be a great (better) seller; IMHO, vintage model cars are way better sellers ...

1/12:

-1970 Dodge Challenger R/T HEMI

-1971 Plymouth Cuda HEMI

-1971 Plymouth RR/GTX HEMI

-1969 Mustang Boss 302 & OR 429

-1968/69 Vette 427 Conv.

-1970/71 Chevy Camaro Z/28

-1971 Buick Riviera 455GS...Super slim chances, but we can dream! ^_^

...2015/16 Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat ;) .

Exotic field:

-1968-'73 Ferrari Daytona Conv

-1971 Lambo Miura SV

-1966-'73 Maserati Ghilbi...Again super slim chances!

I don't know the exact cost between a new tooled large scale kit and that of a smaller scaled kit. Regardless of size that figure is still in the 6-figure range. One cost that can kill a kit quick is licensing. Payment for licensing fees can be higher for race subject matter because of all the sponsors that may be on the car. If you haven't noticed there aren't any tires being done anymore with manufacturer names on them because of licensing fees. Import fees play a role too, as they can increase the cost of kits compared to domestic manufacturers. The bottom line is that large scale kits just don't sell as well as smaller kits. The emphasis should be on pushing the manufacturers to include updated parts/features into existing tooling whenever possible. Better than good sales must prevail to justify the expense of even doing new wheels for instance. Cutting new wheels and tires into the existing molding is still $$$ tooling.

One example would be the newly re-released AMT 1/16th 64 1/2 Mustang hardtop kit; just how much of an effort would it have taken to re-cut the mold to make the car a fastback '65 with some killer wheels? I already have 4 of the kits from various issues and would have purchased more had there been some updating. Another straight re-issue doesn't interest me and I hope the kit does well for Round 2's sake.

If there's a crowd, I go the other way. But I'd stand in line to drop a couple bills on a 1/12 version of Schmidt's 1969 Blue Max Mustang funny car and/or David Pearson's Wood Bros' 1971 Mercury Cyclone and/or 1928 Springfield Phantom I and/or 30s Packard or Duesenberg and/or 1942 Lincoln ... etc ... all with full chassis of course.

No plastic manufacturer will do these, but maybe Pocher might.

Talbot-Lago teardrop coupe

Talbot_Lago_1937_T150_SS.jpg

Alfa 8C 2900B Mille Miglia

Alfa8c2900.jpg

The Alfa above can also be produced inthe following versions, among others.

Picture5_zps9009aa95.png

Picture6_zps9673436a.png

Edited by sjordan2

By the way there's a resin curbside(?) from the UK going on EBay right now for $200 and climbing of a 2900 ...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/380958598998

1/12!!

By the way there's a resin curbside(?) from the UK going on EBay right now for $200 and climbing of a 2900 ...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/380958598998

1/12!!

Dang. It sold for around $500.

250 gto vs shelby daytona coupe

in large scale offcourse

but since 250 gto wil release on august by mfh... quickly grab one... haha...

Model Factory Hiro has 250 gto 1/12 coming out next month?!! Have to get one of thoose. Would like to see a Bugatti 57sc in large scale. Edited by ferrarijoe

Model Factory Hiro has 250 gto 1/12 coming out next month?!! Have to get one of thoose. Would like to see a Bugatti 57sc in large scale.

I don't know if it can be found anymore (contact someone on the following threads), but there was a 1/12 Bugatti Atlantic curbside kit by Christian Gouel.

http://www.scalemotorcars.com/forum/showthread.php?31390-Modelmakers-Christian-Gouel-Bugatti-Atlantic-T57Sc-build

http://www.bugattibuilder.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=2694

Edited by sjordan2

Model Factory Hiro has 250 gto 1/12 coming out next month?!! Have to get one of thoose. Would like to see a Bugatti 57sc in large scale.

http://www.modelfactoryhiro.com/new/en/archives/13228

that is the link...

it's really killing me....

the engine detail is on par with pocher i think...

to good to put it inside.... must display it outside the engine bay to show the moving v12 engine and the cam... it has the mini cam spring too.... need to install mini dc motor on the crank to make it movable inside the display...

the model which MFH make is series 2 1964 250 gto which receive pininfarina body style... only 3 unit of the series2 250 gto ever made and only 2 of its kind receive ram air modification on its hood.... so its extremely rare even among the 250 gto itself....

oww it blow off my mind....

Edited by Cien1986

SJordan2 thanks for info found a few. Just have to convince wife after ordering MFH kits that I need to spend $1300 more. Wish me luck.

i just contact the CS but not giving the price yet....

and also the release date delay also.. to september now....

need to get one... really...

Edited by Cien1986

http://www.modelfactoryhiro.com/new/en/archives/13228

that is the link...

it's really killing me....

the engine detail is on par with pocher i think...

to good to put it inside.... must display it outside the engine bay to show the moving v12 engine and the cam... it has the mini cam spring too.... need to install mini dc motor on the crank to make it movable inside the display...

the model which MFH make is series 2 1964 250 gto which receive pininfarina body style... only 3 unit of the series2 250 gto ever made and only 2 of its kind receive ram air modification on its hood.... so its extremely rare even among the 250 gto itself....

Looks like an LM version. Beautiful car.

Picture13_zps17968acf.png

Well while we're all delusional :) " Would like to see a Bugatti 57sc in large scale. " I'll drink to 'dat, and add:

Phantom Corsair and/or Cord (everybody jump in and remind me of the AMT one in 1/12th) :D

A Series of '32 Fords Stock and not

Of course any of these should kitted with fantastic detail, maybe some metal even.