Model Cars Magazine Forum

1955 Lincoln Futura

Dominik

Das sieht Super aus! Ich möchte dass Lincoln auch kaufen. ;)

Really nice work, the paint and finish are looking excellent. Nice job on a kit I'd like to buy and build also, this Concept has always looked very good on my eyes.

I just can't help coming back over and over. Another detail I find particularly stunning are the white walls! Beautiful job on those. May I ask how you did them?

In my kit, the tires are two-piece white plastic. If that's what's on this build, it's a terrific job.

In my kit, the tires are two-piece white plastic. If that's what's on this build, it's a terrific job.

That's kinda why I asked. The only ones I've had have been the ugly pea green ones in the retro longbox. I haven't had one of the recent re-issues in the clamshell/donut box. (I bought a case of them back when they were first re-issued)

Dominick, I don't know if this would be of interest to you or not . A quarter sized Fiberglass model , constructed by a close friend of mine, Marty Martino is in a Meusuiem in Waynesborough Virginia . Marty and I spoke years ago of him doing a "Running - driving " Clone of this car . Marty was the same fellow who did the clone of the Pontiac Club de Mer and recently was featured in the June 2013 edition of Collectable Automobile for his work on the L' Salle roadster for Joe Bortz.

Marty told me a while back at our local Saturday night cruise in that he is definitely going ahead with plans to do the car . He's starting with the chassis from a 1956 Lincoln

That's kinda why I asked. The only ones I've had have been the ugly pea green ones in the retro longbox. I haven't had one of the recent re-issues in the clamshell/donut box. (I bought a case of them back when they were first re-issued)

Thats the one I have, I may go with some aftermkt tires instead of the plastic ones

What's up with the donut/clamshell box? My kit (copyright 2003) has the typical, separate, full top & bottom.

That's just me making an assumption based on the length of time Revellogram has been using them. From what I understand they do have a significant number of kits still in standard packaging.

That's just me making an assumption based on the length of time Revellogram has been using them. From what I understand they do have a significant number of kits still in standard packaging.

Mine's under the Monogram label, not Revell or Revellogram, so that may explain the difference.

Thank you very much for comments and - for sure - the hole infos Kevin and Ed! Interesting stuff! If i will built another (just try to catch one...), you will get a p.m. for some details.

Kevin, i have been properly understood your post concerning the color. If my answer sounds "saucy" - was not my intention!

The tires were those "two-peace-green-plastic" out of the kit.

I glued them, sanded the tread plane. Then I painted them flat black out of a spraycan late at the evening (about 9-10 p.m.). Thats a side effect of the spraycan: when the air is cold and some humidity, it has a nice semigloss effect.

CIMG130430_025.jpg

Next i took a circle template with the right diameter...

CIMG130430_026.jpg

...and brushed them in more steps white:

CIMG130430_029.jpg

Here the result:

CIMG130430_030.jpg

"Simple" and effective work, less the 15 minutes ;)

Thanks for your comments again buddies! Motivates me to buils the Pontiac Club de mer - and perhaps other concept cars, if i get it.

Thanks!

Very well built. I built this kit a couple of years ago so know what you went though to get to the point where it looks as good as your photos show. By the time I was done I had a pile of putty dust big enough to start another car. Since building it I've also done the PL Batmobile and the scale difference is really obvious. I wish PL would use their Batmobile mold to produce the original Futura but that is not likely to happen.

Again, an excellent build from a seldom built model.