Model Cars Magazine Forum

Historic Racing Community Build

W-409

Here is the start of my 86 Bruce Jenner Driven Mustang GTO

The 600+HP Rouche motor. The directions called out for the motor to be painted silver. To be honest I couldn't find anything that proved or disproved that and since I like the Ford Blue better I went with that instead. I just like it better :102:

IMG_0771.jpg

Distributor set

IMG_0778.jpg

IMG_0781.jpg

IMG_0783.jpg

IMG_0784.jpg

The painting and assembly of the frame work also started. here you can see the battery box in place and the oil tank drying

IMG_0785.jpg

Radiator and cover

IMG_0786.jpg

IMG_0787.jpg

Dirk have started that kit some 30 odd years ago. But whit the Robert Lappalainen livery. Newer got it together thou. Tried to do fancy detaling whit out the needed skill and got tired of the whole kit. Got the engine and three wheels and tires still in my parts box.

Some day i gonna build that kit jet. : :wacko:

Jacen was kind enough to send me a couple copies of his Love Bug decals for Herbie. I've told him 'thanks' more than once, but he was very kind in sending these. They look great. Thanks again Jacen!!!

IMG_0233.jpg

I'm going to try to find the manditory white pearl paint tomorrow.

Edited by Swifster

Here's the pic of my progress.

The color call out was not a readily available color so I had to follow kit directions and mix bottle paint, thin, and airbrush.

These decals were tough to get them to separate from the backing paper, had to use a hobby knife.

465cf7b3.jpg

1d9b661b.jpg

Sorry for the quality.

I can honestly say the decals were more difficult than they needed to be, only because they didn't want to let go of the paper. And I'm not even done with them yet!

I will probably get a dish and do some decals while on my lunch break so I can consider the body done with the exception of the future clear coat. The carbon fiber decal set will be a nice addition to the kit.