Model Cars Magazine Forum

Anybody up for a modern W900L?

A modern Kenworth W900L kit  

60 members have voted

1. 1. Would you buy a modern 1:24th or 1:25th scale W900L kit from Moebius, Revell or Italeri

Man, it seems like nobody out there is interested in producing this road icon! I'd buy ten of them right away if Moebius Italeri or RoG would get a kit out! (AMT-Round2 might get serious about this someday, who knows?) The possibilities for this kit would be like... Endless! Am I right or am I right! They even could produce the oh so popular T800 and also a T660 with the interchangeable parts. The same way they produced the Lonestar and the Prostar. Moebius and Kenworth W900=killer combination. Does anybody really need a business case for this one? Make it and they WILL come!

This topic has been done to death. Porky already has a couple W900L conversions and there are a few options for a T800 conversion.

Why do people always want a kit of something already available in resin? If we are wishful thinking how about something that there is nothing like it on the market? With the Lonestar and Prostar at least there was nothing like it available. One of the newer KWs would be a better option (660, 680, 700). At least that would be different.

This topic has been done to death. Porky already has a couple W900L conversions and there are a few options for a T800 conversion.

Why do people always want a kit of something already available in resin? If we are wishful thinking how about something that there is nothing like it on the market? With the Lonestar and Prostar at least there was nothing like it available. One of the newer KWs would be a better option (660, 680, 700). At least that would be different.

When was the last time you actually found these conversions from Porky? His mold is broken and from what Eric (Porky) told me, twice, he was supposed to repair it (That was over a year ago).

Me thinks it's probably beyond repair or he's not interested to do it. There are some conversions for the older T800 too, That is right, but not for the latest model.

I also agree with you on the T660 or T680, I'd love to get one of those. OR, I could go and find an AMT T600 for around 35$ plus shipping, a Moebius Lonestar at 50 bucks plus shipping, and a conversion kit of the W900B at 90$ (plus shipping) that P&P resin still has. That should cost me oh, over 200$ And I'm still not finished with the modifications. I have to modify the hood's trailing edge, the cab roof angle, mold it to the sleeper cab roof, modify the door window shapes, the dashboard, the steering wheel, the exhaust stack shields, the engine won't be right and so on. You understand where I'm standing now? I still want one. Done to death? Not so sure. I've rarely seen one in these columns.

I reckon any new or modern American truck will sell well. I hope moebius does a mack or kenworth next. A new peterbilt or western star would be cool as well. The international lonestar and prostar have turned out a treat from moebius. My money is on moebius with the next new/modern American truck. Probably a mack ;) (wishful thinking) Cheers

Ben

Curious.....I have been loving what Mobieus has done with the Lonestar and Prostar, and I would LOVE to see a T-660 or 700 or even a 2000!!!....I agree, resin models can be a bit pricy, and I know why they have to be, but I'm a modeler with a budget....Mobieus has done a great job of presenting new stuff at a reasonable price, and I hope they don't stop.....

Hi,

I'd love a modern Kenworth kit - and, as someone has already said, it would be possible to create more than one variant as the cab/sleeper arrangements are found on different models.

I have a resin one sitting waiting to be worked on but it will take a lot of work to get it looking really good. It'll appear on here one day - just don't hold your breath!

I'm just saying wouldn't it be nice to have a kit of something completely different that hasn't been done before? Like any of the NEW Kenworth models? You could do a W900L from whats already out there a lot easier than say a 660 or 700.

Understood. I agree with you, especially with a T660! Not too warm to the T700 but it would be all new. If we could get one of those 660's I'd be as happy as can be. I could easily build a W900 with a kit like that. I'm aware that there were some W900L conversions but they are not available anymore. Besides, if there was T660 I'm pretty sure somebody a that company would think of doing a W900. Or somebody out there would make a conversion for it and even a T800.

I appreciate your input! This one looked like it lost

On a side note... I saw a T660 daycab pulling a flatbed today, without exhaust stacks... Yes the exhaust was exiting under the truck. And some people think aerotrucks look stupid. This one looked like it was missing something important. It wasn't a pretty sight.

If Moebius made it, I'd buy a few for sure even though I have every W900L related that's ever been made in resin. Even making a midroof, daylight door cab/sleeper myself. I also think a very detailed, VERY ACCURATE, 379 Peterbilt would be a huge seller!!!!!!!

I agree with Ben that models like a 379 Pete or a W900L would sell well in a complete plastic kit. Yes, resin parts are available, but in reality, that only works for someone who is really dedicated to having that model in their collection. It takes parts from many sources to build an accurate truck. I think most people fall into the category of wanting that truck, but not wanting it so bad that they'll jump through all the hoops to get one. "Off the shelf" is better for most people, and that's not a bad thing, making it even easier for custom builders.

I agree with Ben that models like a 379 Pete or a W900L would sell well in a complete plastic kit. Yes, resin parts are available, but in reality, that only works for someone who is really dedicated to having that model in their collection. It takes parts from many sources to build an accurate truck. I think most people fall into the category of wanting that truck, but not wanting it so bad that they'll jump through all the hoops to get one. "Off the shelf" is better for most people, and that's not a bad thing, making it even easier for custom builders.

There you go. Sometimes you get kinda tired jumping through hoops. And the results for all the efforts could be so-so.

I think also the kenworth t680 would be an ideal candidate for moebius to do. Good marketing for kenworth, good plastic for modellers. Just sayin. Drake in Australia are doing current model kenworths in diecast in 1/50 scale and they are selling well.

Ben

I think also the kenworth t680 would be an ideal candidate for moebius to do. Good marketing for kenworth, good plastic for modellers. Just sayin. Drake in Australia are doing current model kenworths in diecast in 1/50 scale and they are selling well.

Ben

Yeah. It seems most companies are so worried about their royalties and copyrights they forgot how much of an advertising tool "toys" really are. Or perhaps they do and they make us pay for it. Twisted, isn't it?

Edited by BigBad

audience.gif

• 2 weeks later...