Model Cars Magazine Forum

Visiting England Hobby Shops

nchogberg

Hi Everyone,

Visiting England for two weeks on business. Looking for a good car hobby shop. I'm in Leicester but will be moving around this weekend checking out the sites.

Any suggestions?

The only hobby shop here in Leicester is a ship shop.

Me, been building cars, boats, planes, tanks etc for around 40 years. In a car mood right now. Almost finished with '69 Stingray I've posted in the in-progress section.

Regards,

Nels

Edited by nchogberg

Hi Nels,

I'm afraid that I could not recommend a single place in the whole country. It seems one-by-one all the good shops have closed down over the last decade. The best approximation to a model shop we have now is Modelzone.

I don't know why this forum wont allow me to copy/paste a link to their website here, but you can find their website on google.

I tend to buy most of my stuff on line from the US and Japan.

Hi Nels,

There used to be a few, but like Sonny says, theyve all gone. You could try my mate Bob Dobinson at carkits in Southend, though he doesnt have a shop & he deals in mostly older vintage kits.

If you want newer stuff it'll be a modelzone/WHSmith, theres a few around Leicester but Ive no idea what they hold in stock.

Try this link for them https://www.whsmith.co.uk/pws/StoreFinder.ice?country=GB&findStore=findStore&page=stores&countryRegion=Leicestershire