Model Cars Magazine Forum

The Out of Your Comfort Zone community build

Nick Winter

i have a small update, no pics though.

i shaved the handles and got 98% of the trim off the passenger side, now to do the drivers side, also got it down to the stance i want, its gonna be low, but not to low.

Jeff

Sounds good Jeff. I still got loads of things to do on the vette The only things almost done are the body (still needs BMFed) and the wheels/tires (still need sanded. But as my grandfather taught me, "I'll get around to it" :P

Ok finnaly got a lill bit done to the lowrider....

now this was the first time i ve used BMF . an i think it turned out nice..

put some more paint on it .. gonna clear it in a few but im gonna put some silver platnum pearl pigment in the clear first.. :(

been workin on the susp to get the 3 wheel look goin . it should be done soon.. :D:D

2256.jpg

2257.jpg

heres some susp pics..

2258.jpg

2259.jpg

22432.jpg

oh and ill start the interior soon im waiting on some violet flocking ( another first for me..lol )

more to come soon.... i hope.. ;):P:lol:

Edited by mopar01lee

I'll post a picture of it later Blake.

Edit this is the best picture I had that showed it.

67chev47176-3.jpg

It's called an ignition shield, Blake!!! All older model Corvettes that had a radio had these installed for shielding to prevent engine noise being transmitted through the stereo because of the fiberglass body. The only Corvettes that would be correct with a regular style distributor cap that would be visible would be a radio delete car, where there was no stereo ordered from the factory. The way Nick is detailing this is 100% correct for a Vette with a stereo, as most of the connections at the distributor will not be seen once the shield is in place.

Great work so far Nick and wonderful reference work! B)

It's called an ignition shield, Blake!!! All older model Corvettes that had a radio had these installed for shielding to prevent engine noise being transmitted through the stereo because of the fiberglass body. The only Corvettes that would be correct with a regular style distributor cap that would be visible would be a radio delete car, where there was no stereo ordered from the factory. The way Nick is detailing this is 100% correct for a Vette with a stereo, as most of the connections at the distributor will not be seen once the shield is in place.

Great work so far Nick and wonderful reference work! :)

ahhh i see odd though but thats gm for ya ;)

Great work so far Nick and wonderful reference work! :D

Thanks.

ahhh i see odd though but thats gm for ya :lol:

Just like putting nitrogen in light truck tires instead of air :huh:

Well I fixed the Rallye's and their chrome on the trim rings, painted the actual wheel aluminum.

FILE1304.jpg

FILE1305.jpg

added the exuast and wrapped up underneath

FILE1306.jpg

FILE1307.jpg

FILE1308.jpg

and of course body to frame/interior was acheived for the final time.

FILE1303.jpg

And: THE END DATE WILL BE JANUARY 31ST 2011

Edited by Nick Winter

Well i got alot done heres just a few shots i have now.

will post more later .. its gettin close.

here is the trunck layed out . still gotta finish the speaker box.. the batteries are wired..

22552.jpg

22562.jpg

thats it for now i gotta take more pics. ill getem up shortly..

• 3 weeks later...

well here are more pics ,, got to take more, have the speaker box furred.

GEDC0396.jpg

GEDC0398.jpg

GEDC0400.jpg

GEDC0402.jpg

GEDC0403.jpg

GEDC0404.jpg

well till next time , have a safe an happy holiday to all.

Later Days.

Davin

not trying to bash you bro but you gotta get rid of the kits stock rims. This looks good and clean but some 1109's would make it pop. if you want pm me and i'll see what i got for you and we can work something out :)

• 5 weeks later...