Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell '34 Ford Street Rod Snap Tite/Pro Finish Kits

Casey

I'm curious which tires are included in both of these kits.

I'd also like to see a pic of the Halibrand wheels in the black-painted Pro Finish version if anybody has this kit open. I can't really tell too much from the box art, as the kit packaging only shows off the body. :unsure:

The rear tires in both kits appear to be the old Monogram Goodyear GT Radial tires with smoothed sidewalls from what I can see on the box art. A pic of the purple SnapTite version's wheels would be a nice bonus.

Thank you. The wheels look very nice. :)

Are the tires Goodyear Eagle STs, and do they have a tire size on the sidewall?

I looked over a few versions of this kit at a local hobby shop, and they all appear to have Goodyear Eagle ST tires on them. I've never seen Eagle ST tires in any Revell 1/25th scale kit, but they were included in the 1/16th Revell '34 Ford kits, so maybe this kit is a scaled down version of the 1/16 '34 Ford Coupe kit.

Sidewalls are blank, as Revell won't pay the licensing fees for them, so the tires can be whatever one wants them to be.

B)

Maybe on the current issue they are blank, but I don't think they wiped the tire sidewalls clean until '04 or so? Even so, the tread remains, and all the box art models for this kit appear to be riding on Eagle STs (and the tread pattern looks correct for Eagle GTs, too).