Model Cars Magazine Forum

Fujimi Ferrari 458 Italia

Wait till Bob sees this! Or has he already built one for review :lol:

I pre-ordered mine already. It looks fantastic even in red.......

Looking forward to them, I think in June right?

Chris

:lol:

Fujimi stuff isn't doled out very often for review!

I'm on my own to get this one as soon as it hits. I see Hobbysearch still has their 20% off sale until May 31...looks like it can be had for a bit over $40 shipped.

Revell AG's version is due in June...

Where's my 599 GTO? :lol:

Autocar driver review here, if you haven't watched it already:

599 GTO driven by Autocar

Never mind the 1/24 version... I want the real thing! The best value supercar on the road today, they reckon: 80% of the performance and handling of the 599XX at 30% of the price ;-)

bestest,

M.

Oh, I've definitely seen it. I'm in total lust over the GTO. A lot of people think it's too tame for the GTO moniker, but they said the same about the 288 GTO when that came out and it was a nearly instant classic.

You can go to Ferrari's site and build your own on their configurator. I wasted spent about 2 hours there on a Saturday morning and came up with a bunch of paint schemes...you know, just in case I get to build a kit of it ;)

18-vi.jpg

25-vi.jpg

39-vi.jpg

60-vi.jpg

62-vi.jpg

65-vi.jpg

69-vi.jpg

1-vi.jpg

75-vi.jpg

Easy, BOTH! ;)

Chris

Yep; Fujimi's is obviously a curbside, while ROG's will be full-detail (well, I assume so...all previous Ferraris from them have been). ROG's will also be less expensive. I'll definitely have both.

Fujimi has a couple more shots on their new online store website:

Fujimi's Online Store

The model looks spot-on compared to all the photos of the 1:1 I've seen. Probably won't see a 1:1 until sometime in June when the local dealership gets their demo in.

I love that configurator! I have quite the garage saved away in my account...

I'm thinking the Fujimi 458 will end up something like this...

web.jpg

...but I have to do a Revell one as well, obviously, so I can think about the scheme for that one later in the year...

bestest,

M.

Looks like neither Revell or Fujimi are doing the base wheels, which I think are more interesting than the optional 20's which are nice but not particularly unique.

Here's a combo I'm digging:

untitled1-vi.jpg

Just needs black wheels to match the black roof & sills. The other 458 I build will be monochromatic.

I used Aston Martin's configurator for my DBS model, but their configurator is lame compared to Ferrari's.

There's one for the SLS as well, but again, it's nothing like as sophisticated as the Ferrari "Atelier" (apparently, they really do have a room that looks like that!)

bestest,

M.

Thanks for the tip – I checked it out and it's quite a big deal.

http://www.newsferrari.com/issue-16/News-Ferrari-Atelier-Opens-92.html

• 2 weeks later...

Recently decided to try Hobby Search; a Japanese online resource similar to Hobbylink but they have a better reputation for shipping faster (Hobbylink, at least in the past, would sit on an order up to a week before shipping, even when everything was in stock) and they've had a discount all along, and a 20% off discount recently to celebrate their new Paypal ability. Got notice this evening that it's in stock and ready to ship! Can't wait to see it in person...probably will get to see the real car late in June at the local dealership.

Very nice Bob! I did my pre over at HWJ and haven't seen it come into stock yet. I hope by weeks end. All the same you'll have yours built while I wait....

You're going to get tired of seeing all the Aston's! LOL

Chris

Pictures at Hobby Search show a very simplified kit...no window masks, interior tub w/integral side panels and seat bottoms. That's pretty lame :rolleyes:

Photos of the finished model look quite good, but over-simplifying very visible components like the interior tub, that's a step backwards.

Hope Revell blows it away with theirs, at least in detail.

Sorry for the hijack, but isn't the real car already stateside? I could swear I saw a black one in Austin a few months ago. Could it be a California that I saw?

It must have been a California. 458's won't be for sale here until sometime in June or July, and they've only been on sale in Europe for 2 or 3 months now. The few that are in the US were for specific shows or races; there's a red one making the dealership rounds now for special events, had one here for about a day and a half. The demo arrives late in June.

Bob, I have a "friend of a friend" who is "Oprah" rich that has an ever evolving car collection. I was told he has a couple 458's on order and normally (often) he gets first examples country wide. I cant wait for them to get here so I can take pics and go for a drive. Just 2 weeks ago he received the only Alfa 8C convertible in the country. The hardtop 8C is amazing (have vids and pics of that). Regrettably a few months back he sold his Veyron which I didn't get a chance to drive or photograph. He also has a few McLaren MP4-12C's on order along with a couple Mercedes SLS AMG's. I'll be sure to load up on pics when his new toys start rolling in.

That didn't take long; shipped on the 26th and on my doorstep today :D

Not bad for 780 yen to ship a kit halfway around the world. Friends who ordered and paid for EMS (overnight/fast) shipping got theirs a week earlier, an option that roughly doubles shipping cost.

Guess it's time to fire up the camera and get some before, during, and after shots. This one just got pushed to the front burner. It's a simple kit (88 pieces, that includes the 4 polycaps for the wheels), interior is simplified...for the same price in Japan as Aston DBS, this kit is inferior by a good margin. Regardless, I think it's going to look excellent finished and be far easier to get finished than the Revell 612 turned out to be.

Edited by Zoom Zoom