Model Cars Magazine Forum

Model Express closing

guys, can some of you quit referring to the creator of this thread as "them" .. the owner posted this thread directly he is speaking to "you" his name is "Dennis"

and I am sure "he" is reading the replies.and appreciates the support

Edited by scalenut

guys, can some of you quit referring to the creator of this thread as "them" .. the owner posted this thread directly he is speaking to "you" his name is "Dennis"

Might want to double check that Andy, the thread starter, Scott Fordham, posted the message from the Model Express website, and at the bottom of the message Dennis signed it.

I agree that another hobby outlet closing is not good, especially when they have built a reputation as being a great place to do business with.

I think you have misunderstood. I started the thread and posted what was on the Model Express website. I have nothing to do with Model Express other than being a multiple, 100% satisfied customer that will miss them dearly like the rest of the hobby.

Wow this is bad news, I personally know Dennis a super nice guy and he only lives 4-1/2 hour down the road. But I can see why this is

shipping from Canada is so expensive , and the model car and truck market is so soft and a lot of us guy's are getting older just don't have the time anymore or the health . Dennis my friend I hope what ever you do it works out for you and I'll see you at the car shows this summer .

I, like others in this thread, was very sorry to hear that Dennis was closing up shop. As a Canadian buying from the US can be difficult at times so having a mail order shop like Model Express in Canada with its excellent selection of kits at reasonable prices has been very fortunate for me. While I may have lots of Dennis's kits in my stash to build in the coming years I'll certainly miss his excellent service and the unusual kits that often showed up on his site.

This is terrible news and I'm saddened to hear it. I've been buying from Dennis for the last two years, in fact my first online buys for models were through him! The prices, selection of kits and shipping times were always great but most of all it was the customer service. He'd always answer random questions I had or hold on to an item here and there until my next pay. Wish him nothing but the best in his next venture in life!