Model Cars Magazine Forum

Mako Shark II

59 Impala

Thanks guys, and Yes Brian, I'm going to bring it to the meeting. I have it done but I can't take pics right now. The battery is dead and I'm charging it now. So, as soon as I can, I'll post some pics. There is a problem with the car though. The hood won't set down where it's supposed to go and I don't know what's causing this. It might be a factory blunder, I don't know. I was wondering if anyone here has built this kit and had the same problem. I can use all the help I can get on this. I'll get some pics up later tonight after the battery gets charged up. I like how it looks. This kit is a little fidigity to go together. I had to hold the windshield in place while the glue set up. there is no support until it is glues solid. The top opens up, so that's no help. Anyway, I do like the car. Later. :) Dan

Ok, here are some pics I finally got tonight.

Here it is with the top open and the hood tilted.

IMG_0406_zpsfcfbedae.jpg

A view from the back.

IMG_0411_zps92cec7b1.jpg

This is how it sets normally.

IMG_0404_zpsc2d0f95c.jpg

I'm trying to figure out why it sets like this. So far I have no clue so any help or ideas that anyone might have to help is greatly appreciated.

Here it is with the flying finger of fate holding the hood down in the right position. :lol: :lol:

IMG_0407_zpsc8c63c03.jpg

Thanks fer lookin. :) Dan

I wasn't happy with the way the tail lights looked with the resin bezels so I made some using aluminum tubing. I think that they look much better now. Here are some pics fer ya to gander at.

IMG_0436_zpsc35148a7.jpg

I have to live with the front end tilted until I can figure out how to fix it.

IMG_0437_zps6ce9666d.jpg

A shot of the interior with the top up.

IMG_0443_zps1c4e1a62.jpg

Thanks fer lookin. :) Dan

Well Dan... Since I've been watching you rebuild this car, I've decided to try and finish the Corvette Limo. The seam on the left side of the body where the 2 bodies joined together snapped apart way back when, and I glued it back together and then put it away for a few years. You've given me the inspiration to work on it again with the 2 builds you've been working on(the Mako Shark II, and the '65). I'll post pics here in a day or so of the progress. Thank you for helping me get back to it! :)

Thanks guys. I don't have any of those magnets Brian. That might be a good idea and I'll have to see if I can find some.

That's great news Marshall. I would love to see you building that car again. I thought that you had a good thing going there and I'm looking forward to seeing it again. Glad I could help ya Marshall. :) Dan

Thanks guys. I don't have any of those magnets Brian. That might be a good idea and I'll have to see if I can find some.

That's great news Marshall. I would love to see you building that car again. I thought that you had a good thing going there and I'm looking forward to seeing it again. Glad I could help ya Marshall. :) Dan

I think I've seen small disk magnets at Micheals

Thanks Mike. I'll have to go take a look and see if I can get some.

I'm glad that you can use those lids Marshall. I had forgot all about them. I still have a few more of those and I think that Burger King changed their lids. Not sure though. I hope not cause they do look good as speakers. :) Dan

Radioshack should have them. :)