Model Cars Magazine Forum

Gasser color questions.....

IMSANUT

OK. A couple of color questions for the drag racing crowd here...what shade of light blue for the Stone Cook and Wood Willy's Revell kit, and what shade of red for the new Pittman Willy's Gasser. I'm thinking an at the same time build is in order......

Sorry if this is the wrong part of the forum for this.....

Stone Woods and Cook ...... Testors Pontiac engine blue for the light blue . The deeper blue , Testors Olds Engine blue . The restored version is done up in Tru Blue Pearl .

Pittman's Willys was painted in a color called Matador Red as were all of the S&S Racing Center cars .

I did my Pittman with MCW Auto finishes Poppy Red mixed with a splash of MCW Matador Red. I thought the Matador Red was a little too red for the Pittman Willys. The Poppy Red is more of an orange. All the S&S cars were more of an orange/red.

Jim

Poppy Red was used on the Russ Davis Ford team cars . Matador Red , as I indicated, was used on all of the S&S Race Team cars .

The color mix that I indicated is an orange / red mix . Matador Red has a bit of a flip flop to it under certain light conditions . Examples of it can be found in Larry Davis' book , The Gasser Wars , which includes photos and accompanying informational text .