Model Cars Magazine Forum

Aoshima C110 KenMeri Grand Champion '86

PatW

I've just finished this build, my first of this type of modified Japanese car. The kit has parts to motorised it so there are a few parts that can be discarded.

I had to heavily modify the rear end of the chassis to get the stance as in scale terms the rear flared arches were 6-8 inches above the tyres initially. There is working steering and a full interior with speakers and sound system if you want it.

This is also my first go a fully foiling the window frames, door handles etc, using bright alloy plumbers tape. I've tried BMF before and really lashed it up, perhaps for me it's too thin.

The paint is rattle can PlastiKote and there are decals in the kit.

124NissanC110KenmeriGrandChampion89_zps1

76_zps2b0bb467.jpg

69_zpsd3171b55.jpg

70_zpsb7e97842.jpg72_zpsa5acb06d.jpg

And a couple more pic to come.............

Edited by PatW

Thanks guys. Yes Derek, I left those on, the kit instructions suggest you take those off. I was going to paint them orange just as marker lights, or foil them but forgot both!

I must now try to foil the scripts, that's my next target.

Hi Derek I've been out to the cabin this morning and sorted the front side markers. I foiled them first and then painted them with Humbrol Clear Orange, although in the photo below it might look red it's orange!..............................

88_zpsi03rrpwl.jpg

Now I can start on a Monogram Shelby 350 GT Mustang.

Edited by PatW

That's OK Derek, no probs.

No one seems to have spotted my deliberate mistake on the header of this thread..............................I've put the vehicle as an '86 when it's an '89!!

I've tried to change the heading but don't know how?

• 4 weeks later...