Model Cars Magazine Forum

Next in line...

chadrob30

No problem. It's basically a rehash of all the other hi boy kits released in the last 20 years. However, the wheels, tires, interior, and blower assembly are worth the price of the kit to me, which incidentally was $20 at HobbyTown USA.

That's what I'm talking about!!!! :D

Ah, finally, some good tree pics! Thanks!

I don't think we could really have expected a full new tool on this, as some had hoped for, but I will have no trouble at all overlooking a little rehash to get the new rolling stock and other new goodies.

now im not well versed on what is or isnt a "rat rod" but all the ones I have seen before looked like a pile of junk parts mashed together. What makes this a rat rod? to me it looks like a 32 ford street rod with no hood

It's not a rat rod. "Rat Roaster", as in: roasts cars with rat motors.

whow that awsome , the body is exactly like the highboy roadster i have here (unbuild) but those wheels , seats and all the other little changed parts are soo nice !! cant waight to see this build :)

Nope, it's not. Look at the back end when you get one. The RR has been modified to fit tight around the gas tank, just like the 1:1 car. Subtle, but it is different. It's new tooling. Is it radically different? Nope. The roadster tooling was just plain wore out, and Revell chose to cut a new mold to do this kit and help preserve the future of the '32 series.