Model Cars Magazine Forum

should i do it? "67" 1/8 gt500 altaya

true i could buy 10 1:18 gt500 from autoart who are masterpieces instead (not going to lol ) maybe later over 2 years someone sells it on ebay for half the price then maybe ... and i'm not sure how the pieces would fit together and have a bad quality car

Edited by Yentl

I love the car but i don't like how they sell it....

they feed you piece by piece

and will make you starving for 2 years....

two possibilities...

first... survive building this masterpiece over 2 years with starving mode and spent over 1000 bucks... and one thing you must really consider is the fitting of this kit since this thing is pre painted and if it not fit well it will make you suffer.....

two... you will die on process... and make all the part become junk if you already partial assemble it....

it will worth more than the money you spent... if you have complete the collection in mint condition.....

i see it on ebay the same kind with yours but f1 kit... sale for more than 2.000 uss...

i rather not doing this.....

but this is personal....

sure this things is extremely rare..... :D

Edited by Cien1986

But the ting is i started collecting at around 7 years old with hotwheels i grew and started collecting 1:18 but now i'm 16 i don't have the need annymore for collecting diecast and models so i decided to focus on rare / special cars , so i saw someone who posted this one before but it was not so interested till i came across one and immediatly bought it (just 1 euro ) then i did some research and found out this piece would cost between 1000 and 2000 then i started to doubt if i really want to give that much of money on a car i have noting to . And when it is complete i'm 18 and maybe not in to these tings ... it kills me knowing that i can have such a beauty but i think i'll pass :/

Yentl..

is this thing available in Belgium?..the magazine and the kit?

i don't mind building this in 2 years..if it's a 1000 euro kit in 2 years its doable..

i visit Antwerp often (25 minute drive) ik ben van net buiten Essen weet u?

i would really like a big scale '67 GT500..

and i also have both 1/18 Autoart '67 GT500's the red AND the bleu ones...das wa anders hee

1/8 would really be something...if done nicely..

@ heiz i got this model in france (onderweg naar parijs tegengekomen) but you can order the collection on altaya.fr.

When you order from the first magazine you get a hat of shelpy(pet) and a display case for your shelby.

You can also pay 1 euro per magazine extra so you have 2 1:18 diecast during the 2 years a shelby cobra in magazine 11 and a gt350R #70 in 19.

The feaures of the car are engine sounds and horn ( geluid van de motor en klaxon)

Opening windows doors trunk and hood,

working lights , turning wheels ...

http://www.altaya.fr/coleccionable/montez-votre-ford-mustang.html

• 3 weeks later...