Model Cars Magazine Forum

1/12 Nascar decals?

Roggan

I have a couple of the AMT 1/16 kits as well and have had no luck in finding decals.

Friend of mine has a hi-res scanner at work and we have played around with scanning the 1/25 decals, and sizing them up to 1/16. For the most part just printing the enlarged decals on regular paper, they don't look too bad at all. Beauty part of it is, most of the color schemes can be done with paint.

For example, one of the kits I have is the early 80's T-Bird. Would like to do the Dale St. Wrangler car, in reality, about the only thing I need enlarged is the major sponsor decals. The colors can be painted and masked off, the contingency decals come with the kit decals already, so basically it is just the big Wrangler markings and the door and roof numbers.

Ditto I have the Pontiac Grandprix, but it isn't the Richard Petty version. Same thing, basically just the major sponsors and door numbers, the rest can be done with paint and the kit decals.