Model Cars Magazine Forum

AMT Mustang GT Funny Car AWB

AC Norton

hello to all, just minutes ago the mail delivered my amt mustang gt funny car awb . a nice, crisp issue in my opinion. has the blue streak slicks, lovely mid-blue tinted glass, and clear also, decent quality chrome rack, and a killer original issue decal sheet. we all know that this kit has been out several times prior, however I have never had one, and always liked this box art and decal sheet best of all. glad I waited this one out. anyhow, the only downside I see is that the original header collectors that I think only appeared in the original 1968 and 69 issue boxes, are, of course, not present. the clear red tail lights and early issue bezels are long gone as well, even though the instruction sheet shows them, as the original sheet does. the kit is carefully packed, and includes that neat little fold it yourself mini box like other round 2 kits have as well. I will try to talk my robinlynn to snap a few photos later tonite when she gets in. stay tuned, drag race builders and mustang lovers...............the ace.........ANY QUESTIONS ABOUT THE KIT will be answered most gladly...........

post-11768-0-93278900-1407807551_thumb.j

post-11768-0-79173700-1407807590_thumb.j

post-11768-0-56620500-1407807606_thumb.j

post-11768-0-49245300-1407807628_thumb.j

post-11768-0-30687700-1407807644_thumb.j

post-11768-0-07494800-1407807674_thumb.j

post-11768-0-04455000-1407807696_thumb.j

yup, dave, they are. even the original issues from the late 60s were the same, but I think possibly some of the later issues had small rubber tires included. these are useable if you don't have anything else around I have found..........regards, a.c............

happy to do it, pete. that's what its all about......I appreciate all the great sharing always on this and all our forums, so its nice to help out once in a while . oh, and I intend grabbing a couple more of these kits , maybe three.....all the best, the ace.........................

• 2 weeks later...

thanks, scott, it really is a nice issue of this one. hopefully round 2 may pop out a couple more from the series sporting original artwork and decals too.............the ace.... ;)

Great......thanks for posting the review the ace......one more on my to buy list

Would a lowered stance on the awb car work?

Is that a typo on the side of the mini box?

Thanks!

Van

hi van, happy to share some input, glad you like the review. firstly, I'm certain that with a bit of alteration the front end could come down some. I have built 3 in this series but built them oob , but think I have seen other builds that were lowered. second, the type error is on the mini box, but the kit box ends as well, no less. i'll forgive, round 2 on that one, just glad its back...lol.....best regards, the ace......... :D