Model Cars Magazine Forum

Tamiya 1/24 Toyota Castrol Tom's Supra Twin Build Thread.

BMX Addicts

Thanks Jason, I tried that before and I honestly dont like the used tire look (At least not on this type of car)... As a matter of fact, I even use glossy clear after I apply the decals (Which is the very last thing I'll be doing since ruining the set on the Blue Supra).

I ordered a set of Tire Stickers from Estrada, you know the square ones seen on the tires when they are new?

Stickertires_zps5ceb296b.jpg

I wish they would sell the chalk writing decals too... That would be super cool no?

The ones from strada are 1/20 and they are GoodYears, but that will have to do (I'm only using the rectangular production code decals).

TABU-20034_zps76f443fe.jpg

Edited by BMX Addicts

Thanks Jonathan... I realized today while installing the dashboard my shifter consoles were installed backwards (Boink!!!)... Now I have to do some crazy modification to make it look right (The glue I'm using is not going to let me take them out)... If anything PLEASE DO NOT LEARN THAT FROM ME!!!!

Is a shame they let us know the game will come out so early!!!... Now is gong to be a crazy wait for December to come by.

Installed the dashboards...

photo-30_zps90de60f0.jpg

Improvised a shifter...

photo-31_zps25f0481b.jpg

And also a safety net... I want to go get some electrical cable in Red to do bar pads in the front poles.

photo-32_zps33a07701.jpg

My new friend Tetsuo is going to help me with the decals (Wheeeeeee!!!!).

Edited by BMX Addicts

Thanks Dave... I hope to see some more of these out there once they are finished (there are literally only 5 models finished in the whole worldwide web), as of now the one and only real challenge have been the decals so is something that anyone would enjoy building.

Indeed I did, I've always loved the JGTC race cars. Seeing your build has put me back into a Castrol kick, I'm so tempted to do another Corolla for the build but I reeeeally don't think I'm in the mood for putting up with those decals :P

These two are looking great, can't wait to see you go for the Pescarolo.

Thanks Tomo... The Castrol is something you should give a shot at, other than the decals is pretty easy (This thread is the proof).

I'm actually a little nervous about the Pescarolo decals (Those suckers are loooong!!!), but yes, pretty cool stuff.