Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

The Cadillac is sweet.

Got complete body with glass and chrome for 69 Z28 Camaro from GMS Customs because the one i have do have bad scratched glass :(

Also 100pcs x-acto 11" blades,two sheets of BMF,25pcs bamboosticks w clips,Tamiya alligator clips 4pcs and set of Tamiya brushes.

I just put the bird chassis under it and the wheel base is very close but just my luck the pro stock chassis is extremely warped. I'm going by my LHS today so ill see if they'll give me a new kit but if not ill attempt to throw it in hot water and hope to get it right so all the chassis components line up, holes align with pins and all four wheels sit on the ground.

My hobby shop took one look at the warped T-bird chassis and told me to find another kit for the same price to exchange it out so I grabbed the new 5.0 fox. Also picked up the Reher Morrison Camaro, an '02 Camaro for the LS to swap into a '79 drag car and a Galaxie trailer.

4ef806d1-98ff-4f14-a17e-3ce9fbbc2c83_zps

a4374ddd-ff5a-4f78-9b85-caed005d9a25_zps

Edited by Dragfreak

Picked up four of these for my LUV, ET 7 inch 6 lug slots for $40. What's cool is they take regular acorn nuts, now all I need is to buy some tires to wrap around them and throw them on.

photo12_zpsc7caf2f8.jpg

After spending a half an hour doing some polishing yielded great results

photo22_zps66b8d465.jpg

Edited by Dragfreak

I finally got my Veneno kit in from HLJ !! It's quite an impressive kit and reminds me of the Enthusiast kits. The body panels being separate will make it a little more challenging for me to paint and assemble cleanly. And also the decals will be challenging with all the pinstriping ! But hey, I love it and very seldom back away from a challenging kit !! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Jason....What did you use to do such a fantastic job here?...

I've never had results like that when polishing used wheels....

Went at it a bit with an electric buffer and polishing compound for about 20 minutes and then finished up by hand for about 10 minutes. They were already in incredibly good shape besides a few scratches.

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...