Manufacturer: Uschi van der rusting

Model: Wood Grain Decals "Woody" special

Model No.:. WGW - 1

Scale: 1 / 25

Price: 14,99 €

Production Year: 2011

Availability: www.uschivdr.com

Special features:

The "Woody" edition of the successful decals. In the larger scales such as 1:24 and 1:25, you need a special design to achieve convincing wood. The woods on SIDN car doors are generally created from other woods as those which we know from the early aviation. This product contains a selection of different grain sizes from fine to coarse wood, supplied on two sheets. Actually, this is something like "Uschi's finest" but for larger scales. It is also suitable for eg furniture in 1 / 35 and similar items.

3737383465666332.jpg

3663323936326139.jpg

3431646335616137.jpg

Edited by plastiktruck

Is this is a new kit review? To be honest, the description above makes no sense to me. It looks like a direct translation without regard to context. Yardstick? Are these decals? What is happening here?

I do like the picture of the happy child on the package.

Edited by Erik Smith

Plastictruck is telling us about the new woodgrain decals from USCHI.A model company in Germany I believe.It looks to be a good set of decals.

I picked up on a little german while I was stationed over there.

Great looking woody I might add.

I've got that same '48 Woody kit as one of my 10 year projects (it's probably going to take 10 years before I get around to finishing it :lol: ). I'm not quite sure how the decals are applied, one big decal, cut into strips etc but it has a lot of molded in detail and looking at the photos I'd guess the decal conforms exceptionally well.

I think it is really neat that computers have got to the point that we can have relatively decent communication with modelers around the world who speak different languages.

• 2 weeks later...

Is this is a new kit review? To be honest, the description above makes no sense to me. It looks like a direct translation without regard to context. Yardstick? Are these decals? What is happening here?

I do like the picture of the happy child on the package.

Online translator programs can be a bit awkward and sometimes translate literally what is written. When I use one I usually translate it sentence by sentence and also include my original English translation. This can sometimes cause confusion due to other forms and spellings of English, ie American, such as colour=color, boot=trunk, dolls house=doll house.

Not to sure about the picture, without trying to stir up political things here, the image and the script look to be a pre-war Hitr youth type thing.

i would definitely buy some though. Didnt a member post a topic on painting wood finishes.

J

Not to sure about the picture, without trying to stir up political things here, the image and the script look to be a pre-war Hitr youth type thing.

Yes, the artwork harks back to Third Reich propaganda material, but is actually quite funny. Even the company name is a play on words in German:

"Uschi van der Rosten" - "rosten" means to rust or rusting. So it's Uschi of the rusting. I bet Dr. Crankenstein gets the pun.

The decals look superb. The company seems to make quite an extensive range of detailing materials primarily for the military modellers.

• 7 months later...
  • 2 months later...

My translator now is missing . That figures , just when I need it . Gazunetite , your English is way better than my German (Duecsth) .I I I think I am wrong with my spelling . I know you understand what I'm saying as I do you . I personally thank you for sharing this . I am greatfull you did this . This is what I've been trying to perfect and failing at . Here is my solution Heiko . When I have the funds , I am making a purchase in Euros . Thanx ..

• 4 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

Hi, I´m Alex from Uschi van der Rosten / Germany.

I gotta lil company runnin´, called Uschi van der Rosten.

www.uschivdr.com

I do produce woodgrain decals for aircrafts, cars and...actually everything.

Paint masks and special effect decals (graffiti) is also a field I work in.

I just thought ist a good idea to stop by and say hello. I´m looking for some

inspiration and would like to know more about car and truck modeling in general.

A while ago I made a test-piece for one of my products. It was really fun but

it´s not a "serious piece", its just a test.

I hope you like it nevertheless.

I´m looking forward to be in touch with you guys and have a look over your shoulders.

Here is that test piece I was talking about.

Thanks for your attention.

All the best

Alex

DSC05411-vi.jpg

DSC05413-vi.jpg

DSC05419-vi.jpg

DSC05404-vi.jpg

DSC05430Medium-vi.jpg