Model Cars Magazine Forum

Testing The Waters

Hi Tim,

Good to see you and your cool models on the forum! B)

Hi Andy,

Thanks for the kind words and glad ya liked the models. I've been dropping in and snooping around for awhile and decided to suck it up and step into the 21st century! LOL Finally joined up a couple of days ago. Think I'm gonna like it here.

TimP

GREGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yup, it's me. I've decided to crawl out of my cave, walk erect and come screaming into the digital age!!!! LOL

Thanks for letting me stay, so far. I think I'm gonna like it here. I hope to have a positive input to this forum. These seem like my kinda people and look forward to getting to know more of them as time goes on.

Thanks to all,

TimP

These seem like my kinda people ...

Well, with some exceptions. But, don't let me scare you off!

Hey, Tim. Good to see you loggin' in; glad to see all the little electrons make it all the way to Eager. :rolleyes: It was even better to see you in Phoenix a couple of weeks ago. Too long time no see.

When I saw the topic (Testing the Waters), I expected to see a drag boat ...

Best always,

Dan

Yo Danno,

I didn't know you were on here!! It was good to see you, too! Missed Lois and Paula NEVER did show up. So, do ya think the folks on here would like to see a Drag Boat? I'm gonna have to find some pics of that thing, if they do. I took a bunch years ago for the article in SAE, but,man, I sure don't know where they're at.

TimP

Yo Danno,

I didn't know you were on here!! It was good to see you, too! Missed Lois and Paula NEVER did show up. So, do ya think the folks on here would like to see a Drag Boat? I'm gonna have to find some pics of that thing, if they do. I took a bunch years ago for the article in SAE, but,man, I sure don't know where they're at.

TimP

SAE. Dirty word. :blink:

Drag Boat. Kewl wordz. :P Take some pix. The folks who hang out here would love to see them! ;) Wheels or no wheels, they/we know great building when they/we see it!

FYI - I went to the IPMS region contest (Modelzona) today. Tom Walsh's bitchin' 1/8 dragster took "Best Automotive." No surprise there, huh? Thought you'd enjoy hearing it here first!!!

Again, good to see you! See ya again soon. Say hey to Paula for us (sorry we missed her, too). When I told Lois you were at the Postal Hall, she was sorry she didn't go. But she said she would see you at the Desert Scale Classic, GSL, or the new Copperstate ... whichever one comes first! :blink:

Dan,

Yup, that's bitchin' that Tom won "Best Automotive" and as you say,"No surprise there!" I wish I had some pics of it to post here for everyone. I'll bet they'd go 'ga-ga' over it like I did.

Sooo...what was the subtle hint about Copperstate? E-mail me personally or call me. I'm home most all day. I do have to make a run into town to the P.O. later on.

TimP

Yea! The Drag Boat is incredable. I remember seeing it in the other magizine.

would love to see it again if you can find the pics.

can't wait to see some of your other models as well.

welcome to the MCM forums Tim, good to have you here.

Ron.

Edited by RJWood

Yea! The Drag Boat is incredable. I remember seeing it in the other magizine.

would love to see it again if you can find the pics.

can't wait to see some of your other models as well.

welcome to the MCM forums Tim, good to have you here.

Ron.

Ron,

I saw Tim's boat just a couple weeks ago at the Arizona NNL Show. See pics of his boat..

Give Tim a round of applause for such a quality build.... ;):lol::)

Fuelish

TimPentecost1-vi.jpg

TimPentecost2-vi.jpg

John,

Hey bud, it was good to see you and yak with ya at the NNL. Guys, I'm here to tell ya John is no slouch when it comes to building bitchin, badass drag models! Have you got any pics of your stuff on here? (Drag model forum) If not, then you should!

TimP

I agree Tim, John (Fuelish Spectator) is an exceptional builder. Even his Rat Rod looks like it could blow the doors off a

Funny Car. LOL.

I think he has a pic posted here in this Drag Racing Models Forum. Page 5. Super Brut fuel altered.

Edited by RJWood

I agree Tim, John (Fuelish Spectator) is an exceptional builder. Even his Rat Rod looks like it could blow the doors off a

Funny Car. LOL.

I think he has a pic posted here in this Drag Racing Models Forum. Page 5. Super Brut fuel altered.

Tim and Ron Thanx for the compliments. I don't want to steal Tim's thunder even though this is topic is all about him and his boat....

Now for a question to Tim... I can't place it.... Maybe on another message board you spoke of that you have 2 more Hydros?

I been wanting to build a top fuel hydro ever since you guys had that hydro contest in Arizona many years ago. And now the question Can you help me find one to purchase. Presently emailing to some guy named Jim Richardson who might have a distance connection to a Top Fuel Hydro. Sorry for the delay I been working long hours all week long so I only check in once a week if that....

Fuelish

PS... Right when I ask low and behold Don Thune of Reliable Resin posted a 1/25 scale drag boat in Resin

Tim I still need you too help me if you can regardless if Don boat comes thru...

Fuelish

Edited by FuelishSpectator

[i been wanting to build a top fuel hydro ever since you guys had that hydro contest in Arizona many years ago. And now the question Can you help me find one to purchase. Presently emailing to some guy named Jim Richardson who might have a distance connection to a Top Fuel Hydro. Sorry for the delay I been working long hours all week long so I only check in once a week if that....

Fuelish

PS... Right when I ask low and behold Don Thune of Reliable Resin posted a 1/25 scale drag boat in Resin

Tim I still need you too help me if you can regardless if Don boat comes thru...

Fuelish