Model Cars Magazine Forum

need info on unloading large portion of collection..

One thing when selling in lots you won't get near actual price because they need to buy at a low enough price so they can make a profit and in case it doesn't sell right away that don't take a hit. so if tey offer you a price that is 3/4 to as low half of actual value don't be offended. I worked in a mom and pop pawn shop when I was a kid and I learned half the stuff shops buy sit forever in the back room or on the shelf before paying off for the owner

I took a bunch of kits to a show last May and came home with about $350. If what you have is fairly common, I suggest you price them low enough to attract interest but also make sure you make a few bucks. Not sure exactly where you live but check the contest and show section here to see what may be coming up in your area soon.

Unless you have experience selling on eBay and the time to track it, selling them there could be time consuming and costly.

Best of luck!

Thanks for the info guys.. that's what I was afraid of was losing money. I may do smaller lots .. cuz yall kw theres a lot of money in 70 kits. Some paid over 50 for. I'll look in on some of the links an go from there .. was hoping for at least 15 a kit on most ..But well see.

Thanks again guys. Davin

The more valuable ones are worth putting on eBay. You'll get the most for them there. Don't forget to charge enough for postage, and eBay fees. And it can be a pain to find boxes, pack 'em up etc.

I figure you have a bunch of those kits we've all bought and have duplicates of in the last 20 years. Those may not be worth the trouble. Guys in my clubs will bring a case of those for $5 or $10 a kit to sell at meetings. I buy kits when they do that. Dealers don't want to buy some of the more common stuff because they already have enough and it's a slow sell.

Or like Casey said, set up a table at a show.

Edited by Tom Geiger

If you do sell on evil-bay then please start them at a price you can live with them going for.

There is nothing worse than snapping up that 99c bargain only for the excuse to start rolling in.

Best one I had was "my little brother broke it".

Hey, no problem as I want it for parts anyway...

Or like Casey said, set up a table at a show.

Don't confuse me with Mike! Anyone but Mike!! :lol::P;)

You should consider selling them on craigslist, too, as long as you're willing to be flexible on price. Yes, you'll get some lowballers, but you may also find someone willing to take the whole lot off your hands, pay you cash, and come pick them up. Plus, it's free.