Model Cars Magazine Forum

Real Or Model #21 Finished!

Real or model?  

53 members have voted

1. 1. Real or model?

• Real
    • Model

Well, this time I thought I'd leave the background alone. The proportions of the people standing in the background compared to the car make it obvious that the car can't be full size...however, I figured some of you might think that I Photoshopped the background just to fool you, and vote "REAL" for that reason.

In fact, the photo is totally as I found it, and it's a model. A BIG one...1/4 scale!

Next ROM coming MONDAY!!!

Well, this time I thought I'd leave the background alone. The proportions of the people standing in the background compared to the car make it obvious that the car can't be full size...however, I figured some of you might think that I Photoshopped the background just to fool you, and vote "REAL" for that reason.

In fact, the photo is totally as I found it, and it's a model. A BIG one...1/4 scale!

Next ROM coming MONDAY!!!

I got bit this time! I thought it was real, and voted that way. Then I did some research the other day and found more pics of this incredible model. I'm not sure what scale it is; the builder claims it's 40% of actual size on his website. He built the entire model around a set of tires that he found, scaled his drawings for the model and patterns from that. He had never seen an actual Mercer, living in Sweden they're not exactly common there (or anywhere else). Since then he's had the chance to see one and sit in one, perhaps get a ride as well. Neat stuff!

I got bit this time! I thought it was real, and voted that way. Then I did some research the other day and found more pics of this incredible model. I'm not sure what scale it is; the builder claims it's 40% of actual size on his website. He built the entire model around a set of tires that he found, scaled his drawings for the model and patterns from that. He had never seen an actual Mercer, living in Sweden they're not exactly common there (or anywhere else). Since then he's had the chance to see one and sit in one, perhaps get a ride as well. Neat stuff!

Have you got a link to that? It would be interesting to know who the builder is.

Have you got a link to that? It would be interesting to know who the builder is.

http://home.swipnet.se/mercer/index.htm

http://web.telia.com/~u55504917/modeltek.html

http://www.craftsmanshipmuseum.com/Dahlberg.htm

I am assuming that this is the same model that Harry showed. There aren't many large scale Mercers out there, none as realistic as this one. It's 2/5 scale.