Model Cars Magazine Forum

Lindberg 1/25 Dodge L-700 & IMC Trailers

jeffb

Here are a couple builds that I used the kits for including the Dodge CN 800 resin.

3c971c1a299118bdef431bd7254c2335.jpg

2c4043ba96f62873a540e43bb6cc16c5.jpg

3b9e0c92c191f6c9f2d9d187c655cfd2.jpg

I know this is an old post but I would like to ask Dan (Mopar D) how you did this trailer. Did you cut it or it came this size? How long is it? I want to do one like this.

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you Dan! I bought the Lindberg (IMC) trailer and ended up cutting half of one of the halves. So now it is approx 13 inches long. I want to make a 28' trailer, single axle. Still in progress.

Edited by angelo7

Actually at the time this trailer was originally tooled, the max length

for a Semi trailer was 40 feet not 48

Those did not start for almost another 20 years

I think 45's Might have been about 15 years after this kit was

tooled, but, still a Long way off back then

• 3 years later...
  • 4 months later...

Just noticed two things on the orignal issue IMC Dodge L-700 Tilt Cab's box art:

c6032c46-6439-4e84-a14b-ce170c3ba6ed.jpg

1) Are three seats included? Hard to tell, but it looks like there are three separate seats.

2) Looks like the front wheels are six-spokes, not the five spoke Dayton wheels included with the kit. I would guess the box art is based on a factory ad or photo, so not too surprising the wheels don't match up.

Edited by Casey

On 8/24/2018 at 12:28 PM, Casey said:

Just noticed two things on the orignal issue IMC Dodge L-700 Tilt Cab's box art:

c6032c46-6439-4e84-a14b-ce170c3ba6ed.jpg

1) Are three seats included? Hard to tell, but it looks like there are three separate seats.

2) Looks like the front wheels are six-spokes, not the five spoke Dayton wheels included with the kit. I would guess the box art is based on a factory ad or photo, so not too surprising the wheels don't match up.

Most pictures that I have found have the disc wheels on the L600 and the spoke style on the L700. I know at some point I saw a Dodge sales brochure that mentioned the wheels but I can't locate it now but I seem to remember them using Gunite spokes.

• 7 months later...
6 hours ago, rssschris said:

Can anyone help me identify what part # 50 is for the l-700 ? My instructions don`t show it.

Can you post a pic of the part in question? My IMC kit has no part numbers anywhere, so maybe I could help if I saw the part.

Edited by Casey

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
2 minutes ago, alexis said:

I hope HPI Guy gets one. His review will be the decision maker on whether I buy one or not.

Weather he does or not.......

the kit is very generic. The running lights and tread plate bumper on my shorty were added by myself. Detail is simple but decent. I like the kit for it's flexibility and just something different. I say the kit is a great starting point.