Model Cars Magazine Forum

MPC 1970 Dodge Coronet Super Bee

• 3 weeks later...

He's right, the decals are very fragile. I really wanted to use the black Super Bee side stripes. Got one side put on, then the other side tore in two with no way of fixing it (too small to work with). My kit also contained a lot of flash which resulted in alot of trimming. Not one off my favorite kits at all.

• 10 months later...

Folks, the recent mpc 1970 coronet kit share 3 or 4 entire plastic tree with the 1968 roadrunner amt "muscle cars" series kit.

Looks like MPC wanted to re-issue it's old kit using some of the more realistic part trees from the more recent amt kit. It's exactly the same mold. They must have signed an agreement to use AMT mold. Was a cheaper solution than having to spend several thousand bucks creating new molds.

Thats the reason the kit displays two dashes, several extra parts and fitting problems.

AMT & MPC have been ONE company for Almost 25 years!!. Ever since Ertl bought them.

No agreement needed

Yes, the Chassis/engine parts in this 70 Coronet Super Bee Are from the Modern tool 68 Road Runner/69 GTX.

The Windows are also from them!

This kit has been called a Boxed Kitbash kit Since the First re-issue.

The Original Chassis/engine is likely what you get in the Roscoe Police car or 74 GTX/Road Runner/Daisey Duke kit

I do wish the Original kits Rally wheels were included.

I am getting tired of ONLY the 5 spoke rims in ALL of Round2's MoPar kits

What happened to all the Hubcap options in these Old kits too??

Missing Link makes a real nice R/T convertable body/interior for this kit, has the pitchfork hood, platform interior with seperate side panels, convert boot & PE badges. The side scoops are molded on the body. Pretty sure they'll sell the hood separately if you ask nice. I would post pics but I've misplaced my SD card for the camera.

AMT & MPC have been ONE company for Almost 25 years!!. Ever since Ertl bought them.

No agreement needed

Yes, the Chassis/engine parts in this 70 Coronet Super Bee Are from the Modern tool 68 Road Runner/69 GTX.

The Original Chassis/engine is likely what you get in the Roscoe Police car or 74 GTX/Road Runner/Daisey Duke kit

Thanks Daniel. Didnt know AMT/MPC was the same company. I should've googled it before commenting...lolll And yes you're right...Dog dish wheels should ALWAYS be included in all modern mopar kits aside magnum and rally wheels. Those three rims options should be available in all mopar kits.

Edited by mopar_guy1

Let me throw a recommendation into the mix here :

If anyone wants to build their '70 Super Bee with the plain , base , no-optional-wheels , get some plain steelies from whatever source (the recent Dirty Donny Chevy Van has some nice steelies) , then buy the superb hub caps from Missing Link Resins !

They're truly works of art !

They're also correct for any 1969-1975 Dodge A, B, C or E Body , and trucks / vans as well .

You won't be disappointed with Kevin's (Missing Link , extraordinare) resin parts !

No agreement needed

If I remember correctly, the Roscoe chassis is the same as the Joker Goon Car chassis, which is nothing like the '68, 69 and '70 B-body chassis that AMT/Ertl produced.

I said

"The Original Chassis/engine is likely what you get in the Roscoe Police car or 74 GTX/Road Runner/Daisey Duke kit"

Look at the 74 GTX/Road Runner, 69 Charger's, etc

Do Not compare this to the Modern tool AMT 68 Runner/69 GTX

I recall reading Here no less, that the Dash in the pre-Daisey Duke issues of the 74 GTX/Road Runner

had the Dash from the 77/8 MONACO!

So Yes, I still say, the ORIGINAL 70 Annual Coronet-Super Bee chassis IS in the Roscoe Police kit.

I can proove it too.

I have an Origina l Annual in the resto shop.

I also have built 73 & 74 Road Runners I can take pic's of.

let me upload a few pic's of the Original Coronet Super Bee to photobucket and I can show

what the chassis use to look like

Here it is Look at the Interior TUB too

SuperBee-2.jpg

SuperBee-4.jpg

2 more pic's of it in the album

Edited by Edsel-Dan

Here is my Original 74 Road Runner.

YES the Police parts are Original to the kit!!!!

Note the separate grill sections.

74RoadRunner-fr.jpg

74RoadRunner-Ls.jpg

I do not recall them in the W-M Checkerboard box issue of the kit I have!!

I believe the grill is now one piece

Edited by Edsel-Dan

• 4 years later...

Be very careful with the decals in this kit . They look better than they are . They tear very easy . I ended up having to use other decals from a different kit cause both sets that i tried to apply ripped :(

I don't think this will be an issue now that the decals in all(?) Round2 kits are made by Cartograf. I guess we'll see when this one is available for purchase:

MPC869-2.jpg?1485419607

Other than the slightly revised box art and some tampo printed Goodyear Polyglas tires(and I'm guessing no MPC sticker this time), I'm going to guess it's nearly the same as the 2008 reissue.

• 1 month later...

I'm talking about the new kit, Originally a 1990's AMT/Ertl kit, then Round2 has had it out twice as MPC-703 and now MPC-869.   Are all of these fundamentally the same?  Is the body from the old annual kit?  It has molded-in headlights so I'm assuming it's older.  Looks like the newest boxing adds pad-printed tires and C-stripes, or did the last version have them?  

Boxart 1970 Dodge Super Bee 6117 AMT/ERTL

Boxart 1970 dodge coronet super bee MPC-703 MPC

No Image

Thanks Brett, I was literally about to ask whether or not a MPC re-re-re-re-release(or mold, rather) would finally be edited to have some freakin' clear headlights but I see that's a nope. That being said though, looks exactly the same as previous releases just with a very nice updated decal sheet and pad printed tires.

.............wasn't there some deal with any of these  70 Bee's that called for the builder cutting the windshield to fit or something....I want to get the newest one just out, but don't have older one's to check on this........thanks, the Ace...;)