Model Cars Magazine Forum

1949 Chevrolet Grille

Hello,

This is my first post on the forum. My question is, does anyone make a resin 1949 Chevrolet grille to fit the AMT 1951 Chevrolet Fleetline? I am planning on replicating my grandfather's first car, and need the grille to make it complete.

I bought a '49 Chevy Ragtop from Perry's Resins . I bought another one to make a 1950 too . I make strings BTW . The '49 & 50 share the same body . The '51 & '52 shared the same body . Same but different as most of the time in the day . Mostly rear fenders and front grille openings separates the two ..

The '49 Grille is in this conversion . Contact Randy , perhaps he will cast one or have one left over . He hasn't sold/make just parts since he bought the Hobby Shop awhile ago . If you bought a '50 Grille , Craig , from Star Models ? He sells the '52 Conversion (grille & bumpers) for sure . I am going to check this out . Thank you Craig .

Good luck with your conversion . Thanx ..

Thanks, guys. I'll see what I can do regarding the obtaining of the grille. My plans for the car are to paint the grille and wheels red, the car itself factory Monaco Blue, with a gray interior, and amber running lights. All these modifications were performed by my grandfather and great-uncle around 1954-1955 to my grandfather's first real car (his first, a 1948 Buick Roadmaster, he ran into the river). If all goes well, you'll see this conversion Under Glass.