Model Cars Magazine Forum

James Hunt Mini Cooper

2002p51

It's been quite a while since I've built anything. This past season was just about the busiest in my career with 48 race days from April to October. Seems I was on the road just about every weekend.

Anyway, this is the James Hunt Mini from the movie "Rush". I'm sure some of you will notice a few minor details that aren't quite correct. It does lack the auxiliary driving lights because I haven't found anything suitable yet, and then there's the . . . well okay, it's really just the Tamiya kit built straight out of the box with some roundel decals on the doors. But hey, it got me back in the mood to build again and it was fun and easy.

It's built form the Tamiya kit, as I mentioned, the paint is Testors Ford Engine Blue and Classic White. The interior is flat blue and gray. The decals are from an old Fred Cady GT-350 Mustang sheet. I made the registration number plates on the computer.

I certainly wasn't going for contest quality, just having a little fun!

HuntMini5208-vi.jpg

HuntMini5213-vi.jpg

HuntMini5215-vi.jpg

Comments, critiques, and criticism welcomed!

Super build, well done............................... of a mini that I knew here in the UK, during my time as a race/ airfield marshall at Silverstone, where James was many times when he was racing in F! for Lord Hesketh whose country estate was about 5 miles away !.

Edited by PatW