Model Cars Magazine Forum

Dr.Cranky's 3 day weekend build #2 .Feb 18,19 & 20 th

ranma

It's 1/24h, buddy. The Revell Shelby Cobra "Street Burner".

I LOVE it. It's so cool. You have to smooth out the body because it does have a couple of lines and seams here and there, but nothing big.

I've got the body painted and decals are next while the other parts in primer dry over night . . .

102-vi.jpg

105-vi.jpg

107-vi.jpg

Looks good. What color is it?

bobthehobbyguy

what i started with. This is probably one of the worst cars i've messed with. started out with junk trying to make it look halfway decent

IMG_0986.jpg

Almost ready to paint

IMG_0999.jpg

I didnt take pics of the grey primer but here it is in the finished coat. Its ready for lettering now

IMG_1002.jpg

IMG_1005.jpg

The hack job on the chassis. still extremely rough. i have to sand everything down still

IMG_0993.jpg

IMG_0994.jpg

Nice job on making it such a wreck.

is this a destruction derby car?

What kit is it?

bobthehobbyguy

Good work by all,everyone seems to be progressing well.

I got the primer on the body wet sanded and is ready for paint also have all other parts mounted and ready for primer and paint.

But Im currently at a stand still at the moment,had some rain here this morning and now its to humid to paint. :(

Hope tomorrow is a better day for painting.

So I dont think my build will be finished within the 3 day time frame,but il keep posting progress as it happens.

I got the primer on the body wet sanded and is ready for paint also have all other parts mounted and ready for primer and paint.

But Im currently at a stand still at the moment,had some rain here this morning and now its to humid to paint. :(

So I dont think my build will be finished within the 3 day time frame,but il keep posting progress as it happens.

I hear yah I'm getting snow right now.

This is the first decent weekend weatherwise for a while and I'm stuck here modelling. Got to get the priorities right B)

Unlucky Luke, I can empathise with that

Edited by maltsr

Any body have any ideas on what to do with the windshield on my celica? It has visible glue on the the glass past the roof line. Sense it was a motorized kit thes nothing for int. should I pant it black? Do you think it would still be ok?

If there's no interior I would be tempted to paint it black

Fit's the Bosozoku style well Shane,good job

Well fella's judging by tomorrow's weather report,it aint going to be any better than it was today :angry:

So consider me a non-finish'er for the this CB :(

I will post the Impala Under Glass when completed,which should hopefully be by the end of the week.

Keep at it ,hope you all get your builds done and look foward to seeing them.

Edited by Cool Hand

Sorry to hear that Luke, that '62 is a style I like to build too - look forward to seeing it later ;).

Ironically, we had one of our best weekends of the summer and I spent most of it model building B) B) .

I am glad this CB took place, otherwise this replica may have sat for another year. Many thanks to those that organised it.

Anyways, here is the S&M car duly finished by late Sunday.

009-5.jpg

014-5.jpg

015-5.jpg

That's beautiful Virgil, another masterpiece on the way - is that a hint of the interior in your shots?

Paul I used this little piece of upholstery paper to show the mirror finish, but I like the idea of actually using it on the interior. Let me see. I was actually thinking of just going completely stock . . .

Bob, that is a custom mixed color topped with Pearl Ex powders my new passion and madness. The powders are mixed into the clear and that's it. It just makes the paint dance.

Hey, everybody, you are making great progress, and listen, if you don't finish, don't worry, it's not a big deal . . . I'll probably not finish this one by Monday, but I will have it done in couple of days later.

The idea is to help everyone generate yet another new model. Cheers, DC

Fit's the Bosozoku style well Shane,good job

Well fella's judging by tomorrow's weather report,it aint going to be any better than it was today :angry:

So consider me a non-finish'er for the this CB :(

I will post the Impala Under Glass when completed,which should hopefully be by the end of the week.

Keep at it ,hope you all get your builds done and look foward to seeing them.

Thanks Luke? Sorry to hear that . We got snow up here in NY so im shooting paint in between snow flakes. Last night I had a mess up with my paint due to it being cold. 25' Edited by hotrod59f100