Model Cars Magazine Forum

67 Chevelle Hot Rod

Romell R

Hey fellas heres the progress i made today , I fabricated the rear end suspension. I was in the process of making the stock rear trailing arms when i decieded to make aftermarket tubular trailing arms instead. Anyway heres a mock up of the components I still have to clean em up and paint them. hope you enjoy.... ;)

the frame had to be reinforced to hold the brass parts

PICT0092-1.jpg

These are the new tubular trailing arms

PICT0095-1.jpg

Edited by Aftashox

A most impressive ammount of work! Have you thought about fabricating a complete metal frame? That would be a model in it's own right. A complete and detailed "rolling chassis"

As far as fabricating a metal frame I could do it, and have really considered it, but it wouldnt be feasable, our hobby is truely about the end result, The chassis will be a complete rolling chassis tho with the appearance of metal. thx for your comment. :lol:

Edited by Aftashox

As far as fabricating a metal frame I could do it, and have really considered it, but it wouldnt be feasable, our hobby is truely about the end result, The chassis will be a complete rolling chassis tho with the appearance of metal. thx for your comment. :D

I was kind of thinking of the aircraft modelers who build the airframe without the skin. They put so much detail into the airframe, that to cover it would be silly. I envisioned the same for a car chassis, a model in its own right. I've thought of doing that, but I lack the fabrication tools skills at this point.

Most interesting. You sure pulled off the front suspension flawlessly. The rear hopefully will sit a tad lower than it's current stance? Awesome craftsmanship my friend! Your 1:1 is going to be exceptionally sweet jus' watchin' you work on this 1:24/25th scale version of it. Keep us informed, I'm watchin' greatly on both pages. B)

Most interesting. You sure pulled off the front suspension flawlessly. The rear hopefully will sit a tad lower than it's current stance? Awesome craftsmanship my friend! Your 1:1 is going to be exceptionally sweet jus' watchin' you work on this 1:24/25th scale version of it. Keep us informed, I'm watchin' greatly on both pages. ;)

Thx for your commment I will be bringing the rear down with the shorter set of coilovers i have. :blink:

Like many of the other modelers here, your attention to detail and patience on these builds is amazing ~ I viewed your other posts quite a few times and this one is no different ;) Keep up the good work! I still have a lot to learn ;)

Like many of the other modelers here, your attention to detail and patience on these builds is amazing ~ I viewed your other posts quite a few times and this one is no different :D Keep up the good work! I still have a lot to learn ;)

Thx for your compliments and i feel the same way you do, As we are all still learning in this hobby of ours some of us are just getting started or you might say are in pre-school and then yet others of us are high schoolers, and still others are collage students. And then the theres the very elite class of builders that are the professors. :D

EXCELLENT thread on your working suspension! I love all the fiddly little pieces! :P

Keep it going! :D

LOL! i guess that makes me a Fiddly little pieces man! LOL thx for your comment Oh and ive looked at your models you have a great eye for detail and i think you hold the title of Fiddly little pieces man too LOL! B)

Edited by Aftashox

Hey fellas I been gone for the weekend but i was able to get a little done today. I painted the suspension parts I still have to decal some of the parts and i was able to make the coilover supports for the frame you can see them in the last piture. I was also able to detail the 12 bolt rear end. I hope you enjoy....all comments are welcome... B)

paintedsuspension002.jpg

paintedsuspension004.jpg

paintedsuspension005.jpg

paintedsuspension006.jpg

come back tomarrow for an update

Edited by Aftashox

Thought I'd show you what i got in the mail the other day.....Big Block baby from Ross Gibson

PICT0096.jpg

this is whats in my 1:1 its a monster 800 horses of front wheel liftin fury....this is what im working toward....

005-2.jpgB)

Edited by Aftashox

With this much attention to chassis detail, the motor ought to be killer. Looking forward to seeing some more. Nice work.

You have me confused on the rear axle. Is it a Ford 9", or a GM 12 Bolt, or some hybrid I've never heard of?

With this much attention to chassis detail, the motor ought to be killer. Looking forward to seeing some more. Nice work.

You have me confused on the rear axle. Is it a Ford 9", or a GM 12 Bolt, or some hybrid I've never heard of?

im sorry i musta have been thinking about my 1:1 it has a Ford 9' in it, ofcourse this model has a 12 bolt GM in it. my bad! :huh:

Nice work on both rides. I looked at the link to your 1:1 over the weekend. I'm anxious to see you get it back from the body shop. Are you going the put a shot gun hat the Ross Gibson? I've seen some very impressive builds with Ross Gibson engines, but I have not seen ZL-1. I'm looking forward to seeing what you do with it.

Nice work on both rides. I looked at the link to your 1:1 over the weekend. I'm anxious to see you get it back from the body shop. Are you going the put a shot gun hat the Ross Gibson? I've seen some very impressive builds with Ross Gibson engines, but I have not seen ZL-1. I'm looking forward to seeing what you do with it.

Thx for your kind words and i cant wait to get my car back either i have a garage full of sweet toys to put in and on it. and as for the shot gun bill scoop I hope i can find one somewhere otherwise im gonna have to fabricate it. :huh:

Thx for your kind words and i cant wait to get my car back either i have a garage full of sweet toys to put in and on it. and as for the shot gun bill scoop I hope i can find one somewhere otherwise im gonna have to fabricate it. :huh:

I can't vouch for these guys because I've never purchased anything from them. But, here is an option for your blower hat. Someone else might have some insight into the quality of the parts or the customer service.

http://www.compresins.com/site/751597/product/CRC-073