Model Cars Magazine Forum

Craig Clements "Head Hunter" : new project 4/16/14

John Teresi

Hello…….this is one of my new projects on the bench……. Craig Clements "Head Hunter"………Craig is good friends with Steve Scott owner and builder of the "Uncertain T`"………Craig gave me permission to replicate his 1:1 car………he started with a S10 Chevy Blazer and totally modified the chassis ……..Craig stuck a blown small block Chevy into it……..and literally hand made the body with Dominos pizza boxes ,cardboard and bondo and any other stuff he could find…... but,as you can tell it came out pretty sweet…….I will try and do my best on this build……this build will be kinda slow……..because,I am waiting for some TDR 3D printed parts that I should get in a couple of weeks for another build that I am building ……..then I will start that build too…….so I will be going back and forth with the 2 builds……....thanks for looking.

IMGP0958_zps3dcfdb9c.jpg

Edited by John Teresi

John,

Wow, this looks like an awesome project; I'll be watching your build closely!

What can you tell us about the 1:1? When was it built? What's that monster engine inside of it? Was it created based on other customs of the era?

Edited by '70 Grande

John... I am super excited to see both of these builds come together. They both say.....this is a John Teresi build for sure. I know you will do them justice. I am proud of you brother for venturing out and building two builds at once. You are starting to be like your little brother building a few at once... :D. I can't get over how wild that bike is....lol I hope those TDR parts get to your place soon :)

Hello…….thank you all for the interest in this build……..Craig started with a S10 Chevy Bronco chassis and modified it……..I did not have one so I used a Revell 57 Chevy and cut away the frame from the floor pan……after I modify it will look close……..Craig also used a 350 Small block chevy with a 350 Turbo Auto trans……..I pulled out a motor and trans from my parts box that will work……..I started to modify the 57 Chevy frame…….I have tons of modifying to do yet …….I also made the gas tank……..thanks for looking.

DSCF0284_zps39a786ea.jpg

DSCF0285_zpsfbd0226c.jpg

DSCF0287_zps9dd13839.jpg

DSCF0289_zpsa211a574.jpg

DSCF0288_zpsedcb6a30.jpg

DSCF0292_zps639b588e.jpg