Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revelle Of Germany 359 Classic Large Car

Hello All,

Been busy again with another build. It was a good build for the most part. My dad drove a truck very similar to this one except it did not have the 600 horse Cummins. His had the 425 3406 C.

There have been changes but only suttell one's. For starts, the wheels. The wheels that come in this kit are ugly!!. I added the mobieus tires, I should have used the rims as well. The spacing between the duals are not correct, but still looks ok.The air filters are from the Italeria 378 long hauler kit. I added carpet to the floor so when the doors are open there is more to look at. This makes it more like the truck I remembered as a kid.

Anyways here is the finished product, enjoy!!

post-13262-0-68021100-1399582088_thumb.j

post-13262-0-53511300-1399582098_thumb.j

post-13262-0-37400400-1399582112_thumb.j

post-13262-0-18234400-1399582125_thumb.j

post-13262-0-39979300-1399582139_thumb.j

Looks great! What did you use for the marker lights along the bottom of the cab? I'm looking for lights just like that on a build I am working on.

These come with the Revelle Of Germany 359 Peterbilt. These are just decals.

Bill, that looks fantastic! I really enjoyed building that kit, I hope you did as well.

KJ, check hobby lobby, they have some 'jewels' that are close to what you are looking for, they are round [sort of], but may work for what you need.

sorry to hi-jack, back to our regularly scheduled topic :)

Great looking rig, Man.....I like the round headlights with this one....And the marker lights are a nice touch.....Kudos to Revell AG.....Very nice....

Yeah for sure. The headlights are from the AMT 352 Peterbilt kit. This one comes with the square lights, didn't care for them so off they went. This also takes it back to the one my dad drove.

Bill, that looks fantastic! I really enjoyed building that kit, I hope you did as well.

KJ, check hobby lobby, they have some 'jewels' that are close to what you are looking for, they are round [sort of], but may work for what you need.

sorry to hi-jack, back to our regularly scheduled topic :)

Its a good and fun kit for sure. The detail of the model is really good except the tires. Why Revelle went cheap on them is a wonder! <_<.

• 2 weeks later...

Wow - what a nice looking truck. I am in awe at all of the detail. I also like the fuel tanks color - very realistic. What paint did you use for that ? Thumbs up for the older headlights !

I need to put this one on my wish list - believe it or not the "air clutch" for the fan sold me :lol:

Wow - what a nice looking truck. I am in awe at all of the detail. I also like the fuel tanks color - very realistic. What paint did you use for that ? Thumbs up for the older headlights !

I need to put this one on my wish list - believe it or not the "air clutch" for the fan sold me :lol:

Thanks Sean for the comments. The fuel tanks were painted with Testors model masters Aluminum Plate in a spray can. The next step was a cote of dull cote. This gave it the unpolished aluminum look. I then put bare metal foil over the tank straps. This gives it a more real like look.

The paint for the cab body is Tamiya Light Gun Metal. I try to catch as much detail as I can, like for example the simple thing as the air fan clutch. This gives something else to catch an eye to look at.

All in all its a good kit and I would build another one :D . Like many others it has its flaws. The main problem with the kit is too much flashing left on the parts. The next one is the tires that Revelle of Germany includes. I installed the Moebius tires on the truck. I should have used the rims as well. The pictures above do not show it, but the spacing between the duels is horrible. It looks alot better though with the Moebius tires for sure.