Model Cars Magazine Forum

MPC 1/12 1930 Bentley Racing Car

jeez......thats pretty intense modeling right there. Do you keep your all your builds? If not i wanna see a diary of builds of yours soon, ive only been a member for like 6 months and since i got to this website ive been following your builds with my jaw jacked open everytime! Keep up the mass amounts of crazy sauce, ill be here to watch!

The friction shocks were adjustable... they had a series of steel and friction disks alternating. I think the shock could be adjusted by loosening or tightening the tension on the disks. Here is a typical friction shock (this is on a Pocher model):

alfaprogress37.jpg

On the real car they would have been painted chassis color, but I left the metal parts unpainted because I think it looks cool. Inaccurate... but cool! :lol:

Harry, is this your model? If it is, I'd like to see more pictures of it. Come on, buddy, you are holding back on the eye candy. You are violatin' rule number 57! THOU SHALL SHARE THE EYE CANDY! :lol:

He is sick with Styrene Addiction, which is why he's my kind of SICK!

Harry, is this your model? If it is, I'd like to see more pictures of it. Come on, buddy, you are holding back on the eye candy. You are violatin' rule number 57! THOU SHALL SHARE THE EYE CANDY! :lol:

He is sick with Styrene Addiction, which is why he's my kind of SICK!

Virgil, you have to pay closer attention! I posted a whole WIP on that model in the Big Boyz section a loooong time ago.

We've been talking here recently about painting things never seen on a model ... so Mr John builds a pair of drop dead gorgeous batteries with WOOD handles and drops them in a hole to be covered by planks! HA! ... we all KNOW they are there! :)

Edited by Foxer

Impressive work on those batteries... but since they'll never be seen, I have to ask... why???

I know, I know. Because you know they're there. But I guess I don't see the point of putting that much work into something that will never be seen. But hey... it's your model, build it your way! B)

Impressive work on those batteries... but since they'll never be seen, I have to ask... why???

I know, I know. Because you know they're there. But I guess I don't see the point of putting that much work into something that will never be seen. But hey... it's your model, build it your way! B)

Uhhh...sometimes they need to be taken out or recharged.

But if he starts putting in working cams, pistons, diff, brakes, etc. I'll know he's REALLY sick. Like some Pocher modelers I could name.

Edited by sjordan2