Model Cars Magazine Forum

1963 ford n 600 stubnose

It IS a VERY nice clean casting, typical of MCRC work. The resin that Jeff uses si SO much like plastic, that if you use a donor kit to build it, you NEED to mark the resin panels so you can tell them apart!(His 70 Falcon is a good example!) Anyway, it IS a nice lookin casting, I've seen it, and it sure is nice! Jeff says the staketruck or box van, or the US mail truck chassis can be used. looked real nice to me. :D;)

SAW THIS AT OUR CLUB MEETING LAST WEEK, AND THE CASTING WAS CLEAN. I THINK I HAVE TO BUILD THAT CAMP DEARBORN REFUSE TRUCK WITH ONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! EXCELLENT MASTER TOM E, AND GREAT CASTING JEFF B.!!!

First of all, thank you! If the casting is smooth and shiny, that's all Jeff! When I sent it to him, the grille was pretty much ready, but the body was in primer, and needed pinholes filled, and a lot of general smoothing. Looks like Jeff got my lump of carbon looking like a diamond!

This one came out really nice !! Any further news when it will be available ?? Now we just need to get the GMC cab of similiar

styling mastered !!

Wasn't the GMC 7500-9500 the model competing with the Ford N? If yes, AITM has a resin cab of both the short hood 7500-9500 and the long hood 9500.

I believe the early competion was the 7000 series that looked like this:

http://ccbryson.com/...10/DSCN1200.JPG

http://67-72chevytru...63-B-7000-b.jpg

You are SO right! I forgot about those. Yes I believe they do look like the Ford N. Haven't seen resin for this yet though. That would be cool!

Edited by BigBad

• 3 months later...