Model Cars Magazine Forum

Master List of kit info! (start)

I think the Cummins NTD350 is a typo, it is what was on the list I had, and is what the White Western Star says on the box, but putting it into google only brings up hits on the kits listed as having that engine, no hits on a real motor. I think that should be NTC350.

Also the motor in the Louisville is a Ford V225 (it's on the valve covers) which is just a Ford branded Caterpillar 1160. The 3208 would have had V636 or Cat 3208 on the valve covers. The 1160 and 3208 are very similar so most likely only the most eagle eyed would notice if it was used in a later model truck (3208 introduced in 1975).

The Revell snap Kenworth W900 has the same Caterpillar 3406 as the Pete kit.

Edited by Aaronw

• 7 months later...
  • 2 years later...

Both the Amt w900 and k100 had the torsion bar suspension. They both were changed to the Hendrickson walking beam with the release of the Kw/Challenge mixer kit. FYI the cabover Kw has Fuller road ranger tranny. The Watkins w900 and the Movin On truck are exactly the same kit with different box art and decals.

From what I have seen in the instructions for it on the modeltrucks25 Fotki site the AMT T559 Kenworth Challenge Transit Mixer kit still had the Torsion Bar Suspension, so the change must have been done sometime after that...I don't know when tho'.

I have not seen any Kenworth K123 kits with Torsion Bar suspension so far but then the kit should have had a K125 designation to be correct, the 123/923 is correct for the Walking Beam and the 125/925 was for the Torsion Bar.

just to let you all know www.jbot.com is no longer around

You can get Movin On decals from Modeltruckin'.

From what I remember,

All the Mack kits had the Mack camel back spring suspension. They also featured Mack engines and transmissions but I cannot remember if the AMT Cruise-liner and R model had the same engine and transmission?

The ERTL Macks actually had a semi-working camel back suspension on the DM600 and DM800 models and featured Mack's 5 x 3 transmission?

The Watkins W925 Kenworth had a NTA 370 Cummins with a Spicer 5 x 4 transmissions and Torsion Bar suspension.

The Original release of the "Movin On" Kenworth had the exact same specs as the Walkins Kenworth.

The Kenworth K123 had a NTA 370 Cummins with a Spicer 16 speed transmission and Henderson Walking Beam suspension.

The AMT Cruiseliner have a Mack ENDT-676 with the Tip Turbine air to air aftercooler and the R series from AMT.had a ENDT-675 without the aftercooler.

The Tip Turbine engine is supposed to be right for at least one of the Rubber Duck trucks from the movie Convoy, the sound was Detroit Diesel in the movie but the engine in one of the trucks must have been a Tip Turbine based on the dual intake air cleaner seen in several shots, this air cleaner was used on the Tip Turbine engines.

Edited by Force

I have not seen any Kenworth K123 kits with Torsion Bar suspension so far but then the kit should have had a K125 designation to be correct, the 123/923 is correct for the Walking Beam and the 125/925 was for the Torsion Bar.

I have several K123s with the tortion bar suspension. I agree, they should be K125s. Im not sure when the change was made to the walking beams. As far as I can tell there was nothing box art related to tell the difference.

From what I have seen in the instructions for it on the modeltrucks25 Fotki site the AMT T559 Kenworth Challenge Transit Mixer kit still had the Torsion Bar Suspension, so the change must have been done sometime after that...I don't know when tho'.

You can get Movin On decals from Modeltruckin'.

thank you

This is what I have (finally found a list from a few years ago)

AMT International F-4270 Transtar - Cummins V-903

AMT International Payhauler - Detroit Diesel 16V71

AMT International Paystar - IH V-800

AMT International F2476 - IH V-800

AMT International F2575 - IH V-800

AMT International 4300 - IH V-800

These should be listed as ERTL BLUE PRINTER KITS, ALSO the Transtar 4070 a and the Transtar II are missing from your list.

Yes the Ertl Transtar CO 4070A and the Transtar II has not been reissued under any other lable as far as I know, both has Detroit Diesel 8V-71 engines and the Transtar II was released in two versions, one with the same Air Ride as the 4070A and one with Walking Beam.

Edited by Force

I have several K123s with the tortion bar suspension. I agree, they should be K125s. Im not sure when the change was made to the walking beams. As far as I can tell there was nothing box art related to tell the difference.

I haven't seen or found one yet but I know they exsist, as far as box art the same thing goes for the W925, all the later reissues has Walking Beam but on the earlier ones you can't see on the box wich suspension the kit has.

One can wonder why AMT gave the kit the K123 designation as it wasn't correct when the first tooling had the Torsion Bar...it is correct now tho', the W925 was correct at first but it became wrong when they changed to Walking Beam.

Edited by Force