Model Cars Magazine Forum

'66 Chevelle Wagon and Camper.

Nick Winter

Thank you everyone, I really appreciate your comments.

Came out GREAT, Nick! What color is that?

It is 1966 Chevrolet Artesian Turquoise, My friend works at a bodyshop and owed me a favor, in the summer I saw a 1:1 Chevelle in the color and fell in love!

Well done Nick! One question, is the rear high on purpose?

Yes it is, 90% of the time the wagon will be displayed without the trailer, With the trailering package the car would have it would leave the car with a rake.

Nick

Thanks, I found a similar family picture and just went with it.

Great work, Nick. I love it. And the bike in back is a perfect finishing touch.

Well done! B)

Thanks Harry, your teachings have set in well, Lower rad hose, alternator bracket and rearview mirror :D

Those are both very very cool Nick. GM should have made a wagon like that.

I wish they had, I never really realized how much I liked how clean the bodylines flowed for a two-door wagon on the '66-'67 body style.

Nick

• 2 months later...

Very nice Nick. Fun combo. It's a shame Chevy never offered a '66 Chevelle 2-door wagon. Your's looks great. And growing up in the 60's, I love the Schwinn Sting Ray. I assume that came from the old MPC/AMT Model A woodie/pickup kit? The camping trailer also has the right looks for the mid-60's. Time to "See the America First".

Scott

Edited by unclescott58

Thanks everyone!

Very nice Nick. Fun combo. It's a shame Chevy never offered a '66 Chevelle 2-door wagon. Your's looks great. And growing up in the 60's, I love the Schwinn Sting Ray. I assume that came from the old MPC/AMT Model A woodie/pickup kit? The camping trailer also has the right looks for the mid-60's. Time to "See the America First".

Scott

I always thought the '66-'67 style would of suited a 2 door wagon! Yes the bike is indeed from the Model A/Woodie kit!

I love it. Bench seat, 4 speed, big block car. Two door wagon. Rally wheels. And a trailer with a Stingray, on the back. What more could you ask for?

Everything I like LOL!

this combo is too cool! I like the whole package, but I must admit, I am a nut for 66 chevelles, so the wagon really peaks my interest! if I read correctly, that is a resin body? where can a guy get one? or do I need to hack an elco and one of my wagons to pull this off?

anyway, just love the wagon, and the color suits it perfectly, absolutely cool!